October 17, 1991

Jeff and Kim came to the house today. Kim brought her friend, Erin Voss. She was so pretty. Duncan kept trying to hangout with us but I told him to leave us alone. He can be so annoying sometimes. I know he's my little brother but I'm starting high school soon! I want to have my own friends. Maybe I can tell them about the keys. That way we can all use them together. We found more. There's the Plant Key, Match-stick Key, the Music Box Key, and the Mending Cabinet Key. With the Plant Key you can control trees and almost anything in nature. The Match-stick key is like a lighter! The Music Box Key was so funny to use on Duncan. When I used the key to open it, I could tell him to do anything I wanted and he couldn't control himself. I made him crawl around and bark like a dog! It works like that for whoever uses the key to open the box. Grandpa Chamberlain told us to be careful with these magical keys and things. He told us that they've been used for bad things when they got into the hands of the wrong people in the past. That's why only kids can remember the magic. Adults don't use them right so our ancestors made it so adults can't abuse the power of the keys.

If I showed Erin the keys she'd definitely like me and all of us could go on adventures together!