May 5, 1995

I don't know what happened. We came back to the house after the ceremony, all of us. We started drinking and just enjoying ourselves. I asked everyone if they wanted to go down to the caves, just for fun, and on our way Duncan saw us leaving so he came too. We never should've went down there. It was fine at first, we got there and the door, it was shaped just like the key, a big Omega symbol. It was glowing. Bright blue. So we opened it. When we did, it was just this blue abyss. With these noises, almost like voices but we couldn't tell what they were saying. Then all of a sudden, these glowing bullet looking things started shooting out in every direction. They hit the walls and melted like hot metal. I ducked and one of them missed me and hit Lucas in the chest. He said he was fine, and he seemed fine. Until we got back to the house. When we got back to the basement he started yelling at Mark about the keys. He woke the rest of us up. He was screaming at Mark to give him the Omega Key. He started choking Mark and then grabbed me. Kim came up behind him with the key and Lucas turned around and hit her so hard she flew across the room and hit her head. She was dead. Ellie was screaming at him to stop but he wouldn't. Jeff tried to stop him and Lucas snapped his neck like...like he was possessed. That wasn't Lucas.. and when he went for Erin, I grabbed a weight and hit him over the head with it..over and over. I turned around and Duncan was standing there.. he had seen what happened.

I knew what we would have to do...

We carried Jeff, Kim, and Lucas out of the house and through them over the cliff. Ellie, Mark, Erin and I decided we couldn't tell the truth about what happened, no one would believe us. So we told people we went down to the caves that night and our friends drowned. Their bodies washed out to sea.

We removed Duncan's memories and used the plant key to bury them where he wouldn't find them.

We split the rest of the keys up between us and swore to protect them no matter what. Erin took the Head Key, Mark took the Match-stick key, Ellie took the Identity Key and the Echo Key, and I took the Anywhere key and the Omega Key. Mark was the most responsible one out of all of us so we gave the others to him to hide in the house. The idea was that in the event he was the only one left who knew where the keys were, he'd use the Match-stick key to kill him self before anyone could get inside his head and find them.

I went to the police the same day and told them the story. I told them we went down to the caves after graduation. Just for fun. One last time before we all went on with our lives. I lied. I told them the tide rose up so quickly and that three of us didn't make it out in time. I told them it was horrible accident. Mark, Ellie, and Erin told them the same thing.