Epilogue

Two years later...

"Oh sorry," I let out a laugh as I collide into a persons cart.

"It's no problem," his voice comes from the other side of the cart.

I knew that voice, I would know that voice anywhere.

"Ethan."

"Austin."

We both say at the same time. He gives me a small smile as he moves his cart out of the way.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, not realizing how stupid of a question that sounds like.

He looks around. "Um I'm sure this is the only Walmart around here."

I let out a laugh, "no that's not what I meant, I meant what are you doing here, shouldn't you be back in California?"

He seems shocked at my accusation.

"Oh no I didn't mean it like that," I try to save myself.

"No it's fine. I'm actually moving back, I figured it was time to move back to the place I called home."

I nod my head. I remember the first I met him and I'm sure he remembers it too. The time in subway where I stood in the middle of him and Alex. The thought of Alex made the pain come back. He's been gone for two years yet the pain was still as fresh as the day he left.

"I should be going," he starts moving his cart down the aisle past me.

"Yeah I'll talk to you later then." I turn around to face him as he leaves.

He looks at me. "Talk to you later."

I watch as he leaves and then he stops out of nowhere. There's nobody blocking him or causing him to stop so I'm kind of confused as I watch him. He turns around and looks at me, I can tell he's wanting to ask me something.

"Would you like to get breakfast sometime?" He asks me.

I'm taken back by his question. Was he asking me out on a date? I'm sure that's not what's going on, right? I stare at him unable to answer him. I mean what am I supposed to answer to that. We both loved Alex so this is kind of awkward.

"You don't have to I was just asking." He seems to take my silence as a no.

He starts to turn back around and I stop him. "No," he looks back at me, "I would love to."

He gives me the biggest smile I've ever seen him give. I smile back at him, thinking what in the world did I just do? He nods at me, then leaves the aisle. I watch him until he's gone around the corner and then I release the breath I didn't know I was holding.

I turn around and grip my cart handle. I'm not sure where this is going between Ethan and I but something inside me says that this isn't the end of our story. I'll be seeing a lot more of Ethan down the road.

You Are My Forever is no longer available, read my update on my message board to know why. I love you all and thank you so much for showing all the love to these two books. I hope to be with you all again in the future xoxo