"He's a keeper."

The next day:
I knocked on the cabin door where Austin was staying. "Housekeeping" I said making my voice as high pitched as I could. (If you're an outer banks fan, you'll get that reference.) I heard fumbling around inside & a thump followed by some colorful cuss words. Suddenly the door opened & Austin's head popped out. "Morning!" He said with a smile & hair sticking up in every direction. "Morning sunshine! Sooo I know I promised you dinner at my favorite cafe but I'm in serious need of some biscuits & gravy & bacon...so breakfast?" I asked excitedly. "Okay. Let me make myself look less homeless & I'll be out!" He said running off, leaving the cabin door wide open. I started my truck & waited for him to get ready. He came out after a few minutes looking way better than any man has a right to. He was wearing a blue long sleeved button up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbow, wrangler jeans, & some white converse. "I decided to give the ole cowboy look a try..." he said in an exaggerated country accent. "Thankfully you look good enough that I'll ignore that offensive attempt of my accent!" I replied while rolling my eyes & driving off.

"Welcome to Carla's Cafe" I said gesturing around the tiny diner. Austin looked around  at the small amount of tables, the large amount of cow decor, & smiled at me. "I love it!" He said while following the waitress to our table. We both ordered biscuits & gravy with a side of bacon & sat there talking & laughing about the random pig pictures on the wall. "God this is seriously the best thing I've ever eaten" he said loudly after polishing off a whole plate of food. "Same" I laughed. I went up to the register with Austin following me. He plucked my card out of my hands right as I was about to swipe it. "You are not paying" he stated. "I am most certainly paying. It was part of our deal. You can get the tip though." "Fine!" He pouted. He walked back to our table while opening his wallet. "I'm running to the bathroom real quick. I'll be right there." I said while tossing him my truck keys. When I came out of the bathroom, our waitress stopped me. "He left a $100 bill on the table. I'm sure there's no way he wants to lose that. Can you give it back to him?" She asked. I smiled. "I think he meant to leave that as a tip. I know it's a lot but he appreciates your hard work. I've been a server, I know how rough it is." "Well honey, that is so sweet. You tell him I said thank you so much. & hey...he's a keeper" she winked as she walked away. "I know he is" I whispered & walked out the door.