See ya later

Wednesday morning:
I shed a couple of tears as I grabbed my keys & walked out to my truck. Today was the day. I'd have to say goodbye to Austin. It wasn't fair. How could I ever say bye to him? My life just wouldn't be the same. I banished those thoughts as I drove up to the cabin. He must have heard my truck coming because he peaked out the door & waved. He grabbed his suitcase & threw it in the back of my truck. It was a quiet ride to Little Rock. It wasn't awkward, just both of us were too lost in our thoughts to speak. He kept my hand clutched tightly in his the whole way. We arrived & walked into the airport. My lip started to quiver as I realized that this was it. He looked down at me with tears in his eyes. "Don't cry beautiful. Nothing is going to change. We will talk every day, FaceTime, snapchat...I will do anything to make this work. I lo-" he stopped & looked away trying to compose himself. "I know. It's not goodbye, just see ya later." I said. "Yeah. See you later." He repeated. He grabbed my face & kissed me hard. Like a dying man sipping his first taste of water after being lost in a desert. I jumped up & he caught me, putting my legs around his waist. He held me so tight that somehow I didn't fall to pieces. I put my cheek on his shoulder & he laid his head down on mine. "See ya later." I whispered dropping back to the ground then turning & running away, my eyes blurring as the tears began to rain down.