In Discomfort, a Dorming First Mate

Harry rolled over, facing away from Chad. He felt uncomfortably vulnerable without his hook, plus worry and stress over Uma writhed inside him like tentacles. He was entirely not in the mood to deal with this perfect Auradon preppie.

"What's the matter?" Chad asked in a sickeningly-sweet voice. "Feeling sad about the bargain you made with Mal? Oh yes- I've heard allllll about it. Missing that tacky hook of yours?"

Clearly, Harry thought, the story had spread around like wildfire. The thought did nothing to cheer him up.

Chad tsked with mock sympathy. "Personally, I wouldn't have given a half-eaten cucumber sandwich about that ugly sea witch girl, but to each his own, I guess."

It took every ounce of Harry's self-control not to leap out of the bed and feed Chad his own nose. He clenched his fists, gritting his teeth and forcing himself not to move.

Think of Uma. Think of Uma. Think of your hook. Think of Uma.

"You must be really easy to take in a fight without that oversized fishhook at the end of your hand," Chad taunted. "I could take you out with one hand tied behind my back. Want me to prove it?"

He's trying to provoke you so you'll fight with him and get thrown out of Auradon. Think of Uma.

"Bet you're just too scared. Bet you don't even know how to fight."

Think of Uma.

Chad sighed daintily. "I'm going to lunch. Want me to bring you anything, as you clearly can't leave the room dressed like that? Maybe I'll poke around in the trash afterward and see if I can find something slimy that you're used to eating in that disgusting diner on the Isle. "

Harry clenched his teeth so hard he was surprised they didn't crack. Just one punch, he thought savagely. Just one. That's all it'll take. Just one punch!

Think of Uma. Think of your hook. Think of UmathinkofUmathinkofUma.

Finally, mercifully, Chad left the room.