In Loneliness, a Visiting First Mate

Harry stayed in his room for the rest of the afternoon. Chad came back after lunch, though he had apparently not bothered through any trash cans. After a few snide sallies in Harry's direction, he left again.

Rolling over onto his back, Harry stared up at the ceiling. He was somewhat hungry, but he was worried about Uma, thoroughly annoyed about rooming with Chad, and somehow, annoyed with Mal and Ben, though he couldn't quite place why.

"I hate Auradon," the young pirate muttered. "Their grub is probably disgustingly appetizing, too. Uma would never let that garbage into her diner."

A thought struck him. Why not go visit Uma? He wasn't entirely sure how infirmaries in Auradon worked- the Isle ones pretty much welcomed anything that would make the patients sicker.

"I'll go see," Harry decided, getting up and heading for the door. Thankfully, most students were in class, so he remained unmolested as he wandered through the halls. Though he didn't have the faintest idea where he was going, helpful signs were posted throughout pointed him in the right direction. Harry chalked it up to his sea-faring skills.

At last he reached the infirmary.

---

Uma was lying in the very last bed, the one closest to the window. Harry jogged over quickly, noting as he went that the other two patients were ling as far from his captain as possible.

Good, he thought. That's how it should be.

Uma was asleep, her breath rising and falling slowly and rhythmically. She looked very peaceful, her usual clothing replaced with a pair of soft blue pajamas and her long turquoise braids strew all over the pillows. Harry bent over her and gently pressed his lips to her forehead.

"H...Harry?" she mumbled, opening her eyes slowly.

"It's me." Harry sat down on the edge of the bed. "How'd you know it was me?"

"Who else would wake me up like that?" Uma said drowsily. She raised her head a little, looking at him as he brushed hair out of her face. "Where's your hook?"

Harry's insides clenched. "They took it from me. Those Auradon guards."

Uma sighed. "I remember. Are they going to give it back?"

"If I stay out of trouble while we're here," Harry gritted. "But that Chad idiot's got it in for me."

"Who's Chad?" Uma asked. Harry told her. Uma flopped back down onto the pillows.

"They said I would be fine in two days," she told her first mate sleepily. "Then we can go home and do whatever we want."

Harry rubbed his hand. It felt odd, not holding his hook like usual.

He hated it.

"I'll see you later, Uma," he said finally. "You go back to sleep."