In Finality, a Returning First Mate

The two days passed relatively quickly, unless you counted Chad putting three more types of perfume in Harry's bed, the last one a combination of roses and bubble gum that sent the pirate reeling for the door and fresh air. Harry supposed he should be thankful that at least the smug Auradon student didn't have the brains to think up a different method of getting on his nerves.

At last, at long last, Uma was pronounced fit to go home.

~\:/~

"All ready?" Mal asked as she and Ben escorted the pirates to the limo. "Anything I'm forgetting?"

"Where's my hook?" Harry wanted to know.

Ben held up a small bag. "Right here. I'll give it to you on the Isle."

Harry shot him a filthy look. "I've kept my end of the deal. Give me my hook."

Ben looked at him calmly. "Into the car, please."

Harry huffed. Uma pulled him into the limo.

"Did you leave Chad a goodbye gift?" she whispered at the golden bridge stretched before them. Harry grinned and took her hand.

"He put his perfume on my bed, so I figured I'd return the favor. Except I didn't have any perfume on me."

"So?"

"So I left him the rest of my cereal."

"Why?"

"It's from a week ago. I like it sour. Chad probably won't. Plus, it's soaked into the pillowcase. And I spit in it a couple of times."

Uma laughed. Mal turned in her seat. "What are you whispering about?"

"I like cornflakes," Harry said, face as innocent as he could make it. "I like them."

Mal looked at him oddly. "That's what you were whispering about? Really?"

"Uma likes cornflakes too," Harry informed her.

"Okaaaaaaaaaay..." Mal replied slowly. "Cornflakes."

Harry propped his feet up on the back of her seat. "That's it."

~\:/~

The Isle.

Home at last.

Ben and Mal stayed in the car as the two got out, then left.

Gil came over to welcome them. "Harry! Uma! I missed you guys!"

He threw both arms around them in a rib-cracking hug. Harry wriggled away. "Gil... cut it out. Everything shipshape?"

Uma slapped him. "Captain's question, first mate, not yours."

Harry smiled to himself as the three loped off.

Home again indeed.