Benoit Blanc x Reader: conforting headcanons

- BENOIT BLANC COMFORTING  YOU WHILE YOU ARE CRYING:

• You were adopted into the Thrombey family, and although papers were never signed to confirm that was true, you truly felt like Harlan was a father figure to you, even if he was old enough to be your grandfather.

• You were the daughter of one of his publishers, and a great admirer of his work. After your introduction Harlan had decided it was right to hire you as a sort of assistant.

• Different from his son in a way, who mainly only helped the company, you helped Harlan. With his plots, his thoughts, and even his style.

• The family was shocked to see that Harlan has invited you to his birthday, but Marta- who was like a sister to you -was not so surprised.

• When the news of his death came through the following morning you were heartbroken. The thought of Harlan having committed suicide made no sense to you. You knew the man, you considered yourself his friend, and you just knew that suicide had to be wrong.

• When Benoit Blanc was assigned the case, and you were asked to go to Harlan's home to be questioned, you were almost thankful, because that meant that perhaps you were right. That perhaps it wasn't a suicide.

• You were questioned much later in the day, after the Thrombey's and Marta had spoken with the detective and local policeman.

• You were questioned solely by Benoit himself, the policeman wanting to clear some things up with the fellow family members, and after Benoit assured them that your questioning would be rather short- seeing as you had left nearly an hour before the party had ended -the policeman agreed.

• When you stepped inside the room in which Benoit was sitting in a chair comfortably, you frowned. That was the chair Harlan would sit in when you spent time in the knife room, as he liked to call it.

• Once the questioning had begun you had already began to feel the lump that formed in your throat, and the uncried tears that welled in your eyes.

• Benoit noticed too and tsked softly before standing and handing you a handkerchief, giving you as gentle of a smile as he could.

• "You and Marta seem to be the only ones affected by Harlan's death, albeit the others seem sad as well, but none as much as you both."

• You couldn't help but chuckle bitterly at Benoit's words, of course they wouldn't be as sad as the both of you. They never cared for Harlan, not as much as the both of you did.

• The chuckle was cut off by a sob and Benoit frowned before pulling you into a hug, bending his knees and allowing you to sob into his shoulder for a few short minutes.

• He already eliminated you as a suspect- though he told nobody -and he knew you and Marta had to come along with him during his investigation. He knew you both just had good hearts.

• Benoit's comfort lasted throughout the case, always keeping the same handkerchief on hand. He knew how much the death of Harlan affected you, and he was sure to provide as much comfort as he could while he could.