in the sky

• in the sky •
john lennon fanfic

• in the sky • john lennon fanfic

"when i grow up i want to be audrey hepburn."

"wouldn't you have to be pretty for that?"

"i almost took you seriously but i remembered you don't have your glasses on."

lucy meets a boy by chance.
that boy turns out to be her best friend's crush to whom she sworn to help conquer his heart.
the drawback is: she's falling for him too.
can she suppress this wild thing called love or will she let it bloom?

characters

lucille "lucy" foster as whoever you imagine

john lennon as himself

cynthia powell as herself

george harrison as himself

paul mccartney as himself

ringo starr as himself

stuart sutcliffe as himself

pete best as himself

"come again?"

"picture yourself in a boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies."

"why tangerine trees?"

"seriously? you found that the weird part? what about marmalade skies? what's marmalade doing in the sky?!"

"all this food talk is making me hungry, lucy."

i dedicate this book to all soft hearts beating around the world.

a u t h o r n o t e

hello hello
welcome to in the sky!
gather around and listen, you lovely beatlemaniacs!

this book was inspired by the one and only lucy in the sky with diamonds song from the mind-blowing album sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band.

don't get this story as a theory about the song but as a simple work of fiction and imagination.
( john already gave an explanation about this song in an interview, which is totally unrelated to this story )

as that being said, i do not own the beatles or their songs!
lucy and other characters from the story are based off imaginary people, fictional characters i created. besides that, the beatles and the rest of the people stated in the characters list are real people!

lucy doesn't have a faceclaim, though she will be described in the story. feel free to imagine her as you wish.

i won't follow the timeline correctly because yeah-

this is a college au story and the glorious rock n roll 50s timeline. teddy boys incoming! ^o^

so sit back and enjoy~

in the sky • 2020
lonelyheartlemon