iv

meeting strangers by chance and, out of nowhere, start seeing them regularly; in places you've both been but never crossed paths before and how this happens; is still a mystery.
some people call it fate, others divine forces. for lucy, it was catastrophe.

the probability of this happening is quite small, but the universe is full of these funny strings, that sometimes get tangled. as it is said, when you look for someone, you tend to find them.

"look lads, talent!" john announced, as his eyes settle on cynthia, yet sending brief glance to lucy.

cynthia grinned from ear to ear, slightly releasing her grasp from lucy's arm. however, lucy seemed to be entraced by john's presence. the air seemed brittle, as soon as his eyes shifted to her. it could easily snap, with one name unfolding from one's mouth, to which lucy wouldn't dare to say but would he?

slowly, lucy averted her eyes from his, a known face peeking behind john's shoulders, snatching her attention.

"eyebrows?" lucy asked, rocking on her feet, undecided whether she could walk foward to greet him or stay put.

george stepped aside, his movements being followed by john's dark gaze.

"bycicle girl!" the boy grinned, his impressive fangs highlighting his toothy smile.

"wait, isn't she the bird who tried to kill you?" the boy with the arched eyebrows, questioned, with a smug smile dancing on his lips.

"what?!" cynthia, followed by john's voice, cried out.
lucy sighed, closing her eyes briefly, hearing cynthia with her motherly tone, lecturing her. on the other hand, john was bombarding poor george with questions, which were answered with george rolling his eyes.

"i mean," lucy started, trying to overpower the other voices, which had created a small storm between the friends.
" -i could have but i didn't! that doesn't matter right now! your friend is alive and well. don't be so bloody dramatic, baby face!" she spat, crossing her arms over her chest, glaring at the teddy boy.

paul mccartney, never felt more offended with those words coming out from that bird's mouth. he gasped, hands travelling to his face, in shock. george roared with laughter, and the other two boys clicked their tongues.

"what are you laughing for? you're younger than me!" paul slapped george's arm, a small pout on his lips. it didn't stop the youngest from containing the fits of laughter, bubbling inside of him.

suddenly, the bell rang, warning all students to get to class.

"see you at lunch break, lenny." paul announced, dragging george along.

the duo walked away, george sending a small wave at lucy. the girl smiled and gave a quick wave before turning her attention to the remaining people. with not much thought, lucy knew those two boys were from the institute next to their college, as they both looked younger than them.

"need good company to class, ladies?" john smirked, holding out both arms to the girls.

as much as lucy would love to, she couldn't. a promise is a promise, and she valued more her friendship with cynthia than to trade it for a puppy love. besides, lucy and cynthia, unfortunately, weren't in the same class.