9

Shiv's POV
Sitting in the waiting room I see Rahul bringing Kar's grandmother in.I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn to look to see Kar's grandmother looking at me. " You are Shivani right?" I hear a sweet voice ask. "Yes"I reply courteously. "I've heard a lot about from my grandson Kartik. He told me all about you and your relationship. ". Surprised and shocked I turn towards her. "He promised me that he would introduce you to me after he comes from Switzerland but I didn't expect it to be like this. But I'am glad I met you atleast I met both my future grand daughters that includes you Anjali as well. Rahul has told me about you as well , he also promised me that he would introduce you to me as well. "
Suddenly the nurse runs out of the icu and calls the doctor and informs us that Kar had woken up. We were not allowed to meet him yet the doctors rush into the room to inspect him. The head doctor comes and asks us to meet him. We all go in together to see Kar head, hands and legs wrapped in bandages. He opens his swollen and eyes and immediately recognises granny and Rahul but not us. Confused I turn to the doctor he asks us to meet him in his room.
Rahul and me go to his room and the doctor says " Pls listen to me completely. You must be wondering why Kartik didn't recognise you. He is suffering from amnesia due to Kartik's head injury he has forgotten all the things that happened in the last six months or even longer we are not so sure about how much he remembers. " " Ohh My God!!!Doc what can he do to help him regain his memory??" I ask him
" You can take him to places that changed his life in these months or remind him about the moments that changed his life. " he replies
Rahul looks at raising an eyebrow questioning why I am asking all these questions . "You have no idea what happens in these six months do you ??" He shakes his head no " Tomorrow was supposed to be our six month anniversary" I say break down in tears thinking about the surprise I had for him. I don't even know whether he even remembers me or not.
Shocked Rahul asks the doctor to make sure that the news of Kartik's accident doesn't get out and helps me out of the room and to the seat outside the doctors office and hands me a glass of water. He finds Anjali and granny waiting and tells them everything. Anjali and granny comes to me and hugs me assuring that everything will be alright and that well do anything to bring back his memory. I hug them close and break down even more on their shoulders.