Chapter 6 - Straightaway Execution

[Athena's POV]

Unlike the others, my story is not that bloody and mysterious. I simply grew up from a not-so-poor but not-so-rich family. When I was young, I already love to write. I can actually make a story that was all based on my wonderful imagination. I mostly write crime stories but not to mature. My work commonly contained a princess being the hostage of some bad guys to be saved by her knight in shining armor. Some of the time, I write a story of a rich family having the darkest secrets.

The scenes I had created in my imagination before is currently happening. It's exciting but scary as well.

All my life, I never imagined that I'm going to be part of an unofficial investigating team searching for something unsure. But one thing's for sure, what we are doing is the right thing to clear things up. Revealing the wrongdoings of other people is the purpose of journalism. Spreading the truth is also the ultimate goal of journalists.

BEHIND THE TALL TREE

Love Janine and Jean did their plan to trick the security guard. They went in a different direction. Love Janine went to talk to the security guard, while Jean went to her parked not so far from where the security guard was standing. We watched Love Janine talk to the guard as they planned to act like Jean was hurt or something. Nevertheless, Love Janine succeeded to bring the guard in Jean's car as we quickly entered the publication office.

We quickly walked going to the ground floor's old room as we saw the caller inside the old room. I was right. I knew this man. I first met him when I passed all the requirements needed for my work, he's also a writer there. He was the one who did my interview and not Ms. Phumsri just like others.

He's Frank. Mr. Frank Yoshida. Half Filipino, half Japanese.

"You really know even his race, huh?" Luke talked to me.

"Uh, we just had a small talk back then." I answered.

"Close the door now." Mr. Yoshida commanded.

Joven closed the door as we sat in the corner part of the room. It doesn't seem like an old room after all. I mean, yeah it was messy and dirty but uhm, I don't know. I don't want to explain it right now.

"So, Mr. Yoshida, why are you helping us?" I asked.

"First of all, call me Frank because I'm just a little older than you all. To answer your question, maybe because I'm so sick of the crimes that happened here before up until now. It's just never-ending and none of the crimes that happened inside this publication office were reported on national television. In short, all the crimes that happened here have been kept as a secret and no one ever tried to investigate, but now, you're doing it that's why I want to help." Frank explained.

"It's not going to be easy; I'm telling you. Connection is something you guys need to break." He added.

"Connection? What do you mean by connection? I quickly asked.

"It's the connection between the bad and the supposed to be good. For example, the policemen are supposed to be good people, but they are under the hands of the bad people." He briefly replied.

"They supposed to be the opposing team of these bad people. Why are they being controlled? I just can't understand." I said.

"No idea." Frank answered.

"Excuse me, Frank. If you really wanted to do this, why didn't you do it before?" Luke asked.

"No one wanted to do this, just me. I can't do it alone." Frank explained.

"So, how-"

I wasn't able to ask a question when we heard a knock on the door.

The knock caught our attention as we all walked to go behind the door.