Chapter 4 - Fragments of Yesterday

[Primrose's POV]

I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me.

"Hello, honey."

"Hello mom, I'm inside the car now. See you." I replied.

"Hurry up honey, I've got something for you." Mom said with excitement.

"Okay. Bye mom. I love you." I said.

"I love you too, honey. I'm hanging up now." Mom replied.

That's my mom. My supermom. She's the only person I have right now, since my father died. He was shot four months ago in his car. The suspects were put in jail that night also. It was kind of weird because the suspects were the ones who went to a police station and gave their selves up. They didn't even say to the police officers who were behind the gunshot, who commanded them.

I miss my dad so much. I always think of him every day. He was the one who pushed me to pursue a journalism career. Now that I am an actual journalist in the finest publication office in Asia, I promised myself, that I will do good in serving the entire humanity.

I've always taught myself to look for the beauty in everything. This world where people and other creatures are living together, an intact unity must always be present. This unity could lead to a thing we called "happiness". It is something worth fighting for. Happiness plus contentment is a good foundation of everlasting, never-ending unity.

CAR STOPPED

"We just arrived Ms. Primrose." Our family driver said.

By the way, his name is Nicolas, but we call him Nick.

"That's so kind, Sir Nick. I told you before that you could just call me Prim." I said to him.

"Uh okay, Pri-, Prim." He was shy.

"Uhm, by the way Sir Nick, you can place my stuff inside the house because I have to go to Mom now, she's waiting for me in the poolside." I humbly requested.

"Okay, Prim." He equally replied with humility.

Just a simple background, Sir Nick has been working with our family for three years now.

As I left the car, I quickly went to the poolside because my mom was probably waiting for me since our phone call.

While I was jogging going to the poolside, I suddenly heard a gun's sound again. This is the second time I heard that sound today. It sounded quite near to where I was standing. Then I walked. As I was walking towards the poolside, I saw my mom holding a gun and wearing something in her head.

"Mom, what are you doing?" I yelled.

"Oh, honey. You're here. Come, I have something for you." Mom smiled.

I walked slowly until I reached her.

"So, what is it you want to give to me, mom?" I asked her.

"This gun." She swiftly replied with excitement.

"What do you mean, mom? And how come you got a gun?" I asked her out of confusion.

"Oh, Prim, sweetie. This was your father's gun. I have found this in his room earlier. So, I decided to have some gun shooting practice." Mom replied. She looked so excited. I don't know why. It was pretty strange.

"Mom, so you were the one who produced a gun's sound earlier?" I asked her because I remember the sound we heard earlier near the publication office. But it's impossible because our house is pretty far from the pub and in a different direction.