02

It's not about beauty. Tiger has strips, I have eyeliner.

𝐑 • 𝐏

The new CEO was a prick. Prick. Prick .

He didn't even spare a glance at me when his father introduced me to him. I wish he never retired. He was immortal. And to make matters worse, today was his retiring party. Why wasn't I informed earlier? Who arranged it?

After giving him a tour, and enduring the disgusting glances he passes to the interior, he dismissed me. I took that as a sign to hurry home and borrow a dress from Jennie. Who was kind enough to give me a decent one.

Before getting ready, I send Chaeyoung a fire message to apologize for delay of my arrival. In a matter of minutes, another comes flying in my room.

no need. meet you there

With a dried up pen in my hand, I scribble some thing back.

what do you mean? please don't leave me hanging.

And for that she doesn't reply.

━━━━━━━

The CP, one of the most prominent events in Seoul. The biggest fashion houses coming to collaborate with Opal, just for a few pages to cover in the magazine. Versace last year, Gucci, and another brand the year before. This year it was Chanel and YSL. The new CEO decided on two collaborations a year, an abrupt decision which most didn't agree on. The only problem was, they do not have a specific model for the second half shoot; for YSL. As for Chanel, Miss. Jennie Kim; the IT girl of Korea. You lived under a rock, a big one if you hadn't heard of her.

There she was, walking down the carpet as if she owned the place. She could if she wanted to, anyway. She owned the night of every single event she went to, and this one would be no different.

But she didn't. It was another equally beautiful woman, maybe more, Jennie's critics would say. Now she walked as if she owned the place, which she no doubt did.

Her blonde hair falling on her back, a tiger-striped tube dress hugging her lissom figure perfectly, highlighting her curves. Her seven-inch stilettos clicking the marble floor, with which she could stab anyone in her path. Her burgundy lips made her look more emotionless and cold than she already was.

And by everyone's surprise, she greeted Jennie Kim first.

━━━━━━━

𝐋 • 𝐌

Not one minute inside, and I feel under-dressed. Everyone around me is dressed in luxury fashion houses. Not that I was not but I did a minimal amount of effort into finding a suitable dress. I scan the crowd to look for a certain blondie. My stockings somehow tighten as I see only unfamiliar faces.

Jungkook's hand finds its way to my waist, which sends shivers down my spine. I haven't let anyone this close to me. not when I'm completely sober.

"Hey, you good?" I look over at Jungkook, who gives me an encouraging smile.

"Yeah"

"You must be Mr. Jeon and Miss. Manoban! Come right this way," An all too familiar woman leads us to a few of Jungkook's friends. I click my tongue as the realization hit me. That woman was Rosé. But she could also be someone else who had the same eyes as her friend.

A strong sent entered through my nose and filled my system-strawberries?

Faeries?

My eyes land on a doe-eyed girl who sits across the room; bone-thin with too many joints, she is vulgar and gorgeous all at once. Her eyes are far too large for her face, giving her a startled look. Combined with an emaciated body, those eyes make her seem vulnerable, innocent. She isn't.
None of them are.

The faerie is beautiful-stunning-the way a storm is when you wake up and see lightning streak across the sky.
And probably just as dangerous.

Jungkook probably noticed my confused face, he answers for me, "I only know little, but this place is near the gate to the Fae Realm or something, so the Queen sent her guards for protecting the realm."

oh.

oh.

Which means Jisoo can be here too, I mentally squeal and excuse myself to the rest room.

On my way, I brush my hand against someone's shouder, hoping, she gets the signal.

"Hello gorgeous..." a pur. For a second I fear it's a faerie but I look around and meet a pair of feline eyes. Jennie.

She leans against the door of the restroom. Her latex skirt is the first thing I notice, then her hair.

"Well, you look better than I thought you would in that dress." she grins, I feel the urge to look at my dress again.

"Don't worry, I have that effect on people." she says and winks as if we just met.

"Ya'll hangin' out without me?" our eyes snap to another figure entering the room.

"So?" she claps her hands, her face turns to one I recognize. Chaeng.

"I'm not nere to hug and watch my little pony, keep your guard up. Especially you, Lisa. These faeries are not to be trusted. Jisoo'll come by in a minute, I have to go now or my boss will freak out. Wear glamour at all times." And she practically sprints out of the restroom.

"He's still hot though!" Jennie yells as her figure disappears through the hallway.

━━━━━

𝐑 • 𝐏

Maybe I shouldn't have brushed off the glances the fae people were giving each other. Maybe I should have noticed the uneven positions of their solidiers, or how no one stood close to Jisoo as her guards. Or how they murmured to each other when I passed by. Or how none of them tried to lure the mundanes. But when I did, it was far too late.

_________

(A/N): I hope you all are doing well, here's an update. I'd recommend you read it rather than skimming through.

thank you for reading! ilysfm!