27

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

"You know, Theo. I'm not a girl."

"I know! It's a simple question!"

"I don't know crap about it! Why didn't you ask Kat anyway?"

"Because—she's our boss and she's busy! And I was just asking an easy questio—"

"Just choose what you want, Theo!"

"I'm asking what color goes on the best—"

"Fine! Yellow!"

I dragged Kyle on a mall somewhere in Dusseldorf because I, for one, was freaking out about the whole Luke—the whole Paris datethe whole freaking thing, and I thought dragging the only friend I've managed to make at tour that are not friends with my ex-boyfriend who asked me out on a date, was going to help me pick out a color. I wasn't even asking him about the style. I was just asking about a simple color and I couldn't—for the life of me, understand why it took us an hour before I got something out of him.

"You could've saved us some editing time if you just said so!"

"I've had male friends for all my life, Theo. The only girl I've managed to befriend with and not hit on was you."

I huffed, "And for that I am grateful but you are so insufferable, if you must know."

"I take pride on it!" I rolled my eyes jokingly and went on my way to pay for a piece of clothing I was freaking out on the whole day. I don't even know why I was. I mean—I remembered our first date as clear as a freaking day.

I was wearing this really punk shirt from pierce the veil, all the while in my emo phase, and we went in an amusement park where they also filmed a music video before we could finally spend the rest of the day alone. I never bothered about what I was gonna wear or what I looked like. No matter how dishevelled, or unruly, or just ghastly I look even on my worst days, Luke gazed at me like I was still the prettiest girl in the world and I held on that belief for so long.

That man had consistencies like a fucking rock because he never made me feel otherwise for nine years. Even now, even if we're slowly finding our way back. His eyes still glimmered like I'm all sunshine and rainbows.

So, freaking out today was a fair bit of useless when I realized I shouldn't have but already deemed it too late when we went back to the hotel carrying a paper bag of slightly expensive clothes. "We're nearly two months into tour and you just scored a date today? You're a bit slow, Theo." I elbowed Kyle soon as we entered the elevator, still asking myself why in the hell did I confide with this idiot. "But, seriously. A date in Paris? That's like—way over the top. What a flex!"