2

After that small incident in the classroom, Kacchan seemed to be a bit... "nicer." It really did surprise me. Of course, he still picked on me for being quirkless but he didn't use his quirk on me as much.

I'm not sure why he's acting this way but hey I'm not complaining.

I looked into the entrance exam for the support course and found it quite simple.

The first part is the written exam. Everyone is required to do it so it wasn't a surprise. But the support course also requires a submission of a creation made by completely on your own.
Apparently, they judge on efficiency, durability, and design.

Doesn't sound that hard. I feel like the written portion won't be that bad. But the creation of my own part... I guess I just have to get started!

I have at least a year to create my invention. But I'm still in the first step at the moment. Hmmm... I need to find the right quirk in order to make anything.

... I have an idea but... I might die while talking to the owner of the quirk.

Oh well! I won't know unless I try!

I made my way over to Kacchan's desk before school started. When he saw me, his face had a hint of anger on it. I didn't know how to start my question so I started to mumble about it. I guess that pissed him off.

"What the hell do you want, Deku?"

"Ah- I actually have a question to ask you..."

"Well then spit it out."

I quickly gathered the right words and formed my questions.

"Your quirk... you sweat nitroglycerin to help create your explosions, right?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, the support's entrance exam at UA requires me to make something that would help with someone's quirk and you have a really strong quirk so I wanted to find a way to make it stronger and-"

"Get on with it already!"

I looked at him and gathered all of my courage.

"Can I make my creation based on your quirk?"

He paused for a moment, going completely silent. 'This is how I die, isn't it? Sorry mom, my creativity got the best-'

"Whatever, do what you want."

"Eh...?"

It took me a minute to finally understand what he said but when I did, I was ecstatic.

"Really? You won't regret it! I'll let you know the details of the design and how it works and and-"

"Alright I get it! Now leave me alone before I change my mind!"

"Right! Sorry!"

With that I went back to my desk a took out my journal, writing down my ideas and drawing a quick sketch.

~~~~

After school, I started working on the interior design. I know how I want the exterior design to look but I have to make sure the whole purpose works.

My idea is to create these gauntlets that will store Kacchan's sweat. Once they're full, he could use them to make a bigger explosion than he can on his own.

I just need to figure out how to do that...

... I got it!

If I do this... then add something like this. Oh, but then I should change the design to this! Yeah, then I'll make it glow once they're at full capacity!

I smiled at my notes and started to write down the supplies I would need.

"Izuku! Dinner is ready!"

"Ah! Ok, I'm coming!"

I closed my journal and made my way to the kitchen to help take the food to the dining room.

"Do you have any plans this weekend?"

I finished putting everything on the table and sat down.

"I was thinking of going to the hardware store and maybe Kacchan's place."

At the mention of Kacchan, my looked a little shocked.

"Katsuki? You haven't gone over to his house in a while. What are you two going to do?"

"Well... Kacchan agreed to help me with the UA entrance exam so I'm going over to start working on my invention."

"Oh, that's nice of him!"

I smiled at my mom, agreeing with her. We then started eating, striking up a conversation here and there.

When we finished eating, I helped clean up and wash the dishes before excusing myself to my room.

I opened my journal again and continued writing down the supplies I need. I then grabbed my phone and sent a quick text to Kacchan.

'Hey, I finished my design! Can I come over tomorrow and show you?'

'Sure whatever.'

'Thanks! I'll text you when I'm on my way.'

'Yeah alright.'

I put my phone away and got ready for bed. The hardware store opens at 10:30 so if I go early I can get to Kacchan's house quickly.

The quicker I am with everything, the quicker I can get to work on the gauntlets!

I finally finished my plan for the next day and headed to bed.