SHORT BREAKFAST 1

"Diamond??"
My mom is calling for me to take out the trash six o clock in the morning before heading out to work.

"I know mom.." I answered politely.

While taking the trash out. My neighbor waved with a simple
"Hello."

"Hello." As I waved back.
Before walking back into the house.
All I think about...

*What the f*ck? Men water flowers?*

Putting on a smile. I'm assuming he's a statue. Just standing there wearing a sunny smile upon his face.

"Aren't you going to drop that hose of yours?" I asked.

"No." He quickly answered.

While sitting at the edge of my bed in my room. My eyes were wandering from one spot to another. Thinking what else I could do with myself besides sitting on my ass all day.

I don't go to work until 10. Damn it, it's still early.

My eyes spotted a small brown wooden case with a secret lock on it.
While opening it with the lock key.
I stumbled upon some pictures. Some pictures that I'd never thought I'd stumbled across.

Running downstairs towards the front door. My mom stops me in a quick of a flash.

"Are you okay Dy?" As she calls me by my nickname. Holding a spatula in her right hand.

"Are you eating before work" she asked.

"I might eat while I'm out."
I answered.

I followed her to the kitchen anyhow.
She slides a chair towards the table and I rush to sit beside her.
"Baby..?" My mom called me. While putting her down.

"Mom? Can you please stop calling me that? I'm grown. I pay bills." I explained how much I hate that she calls me baby when I'm no longer 20 years old anymore.

As our conversation continues. We're sitting down and eating breakfast.

"I'm worried about you...knowing that you're my only daughter that I have...I can't lose you. Who's going to take care of me when I'm old and stuck in the wheelchair?" Her eyes are looking began to water.

I smirk a little. While ignoring her concerns.

"Mom? I'm fine. I know, that this job is not like any other places of employments. But it gives us everything we need. Look at this nice home we're living in. Instead of us living in a horrible condition apartment. Look at the neighbors. Those neighbors are friendly. Better than the neighbors we had before. Just look at everything around us. Ma? I honestly never knew we'd have such things that we're blessed with right now. Doesn't God-"
Right before I could let another word out. My mom cuts me off to defend her words.
While wiping the grease from around her mouth with a wet paper towel.

"Oh. Please! Do you really think I care about the material objects that we have and live in? No I don't. And do not put God's name in this...
If anything. It's the devil's work."