Chapter 3

Jack entered her house and found her crying. He tried to comfort her and gave her a glass of water.

"Marigold, calm down everything will be alright,"Jack said. Jack hated it when tears came into her eyes. He was her best friend and she needed someone to be there. She still cried and wouldn't stop crying."Come on, at times like this you have to be strong. Please stop crying." He wiped her tears away. She nodded.

"Why me?"Marigold said. Suddenly,anger filled her. Marigold wanted to take revenge. Jack could see the anger filling in her eyes. He could sense Marigold's anger and want for revenge. He tried to cool her down.

"Look Marigold, the police will handle everything, they will find the murderers. You stay calm and let the police handle this." She stood and clenched her fists. No one! No one kills my parents and gets away with it !she thought. Marigold tried to control her anger and sat back down on the chair.

^^^

"Mr Winfred, where were you at precisely 10:00 am?" Gruff asked him. Nervous Mr Winfred hesitated. "What happened? Tell me!" he assistant on the other side of the one way mirror listened intently.

"I-I went to the bakery to buy a batch of chocolate chip cookies,"Mr Winfred replied,"I entered the bakery and Marigold was there adjusting the racks. We greeted each other, when her mother came into the bakery, her arms full of grocery bags. I could tell she was tired.  She told Marigold to go hoe and bake a batch of...I think it was a fudge brownies, so she left."

"After that , I left but before that I saw two men standing outside the shop, staring at me with their piercing eyes. I got out of there as fast as I could," the fat man adjusted his chair. He had heard that Mr Winfred had a big mouth and couldn't keep anything in his stomach. The officer on the other side of the table stood up and paced around the room. The assitant on the other side was taking notes. "Curiosity got the best of me and I went back to see what those men wanted. They were not standing there anymore. I heard screaming coming from the bakery. I ran up to the window and saw Mr Baker fighting with a man , calling all the people to help him. The other man grabbed Mrs Baker. Everyone was watching, they didnt do anything to help Mr  Baker. Mr Baker lost the fight and the that man took out a knife and killed them both." Mr Winfred saw Gruff listening.

"After this did you tell anyone what you saw?" Gruff asked.

"Yes, I told Jack and his father, Mr Andy Williams, because they were good friends of the Bakers. Then I called the police," he replied. The assistant was still taking notes.

"Can you remember the faces of those two men?"

"I can't recall their faces now but if I see them I can recognize them. I remember the were tall, well-built men." One person entered the room holding a file. Gruff thanked him and opened the file. The file was filled with photos of criminals. He showed Mr Winfred photo after photo until he finally recognized two of the photos.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Na main jaanoon, na tu jaane

Kis ghadi mein hona hai kya

Zindagi ke is jue mein

Paana kya hai, khona hai kya

Neither do I know, nor you know,

what's to happen in which moment..

In the gamble of life,

what is winning and what is losing..

Jo bhi hain khushiyaan unke hi saaye mein gham hai

Aaj jo muskuraaye unki bhi toh aankhein nam hain

Koi jaaye kahaan

Hogi yehi zameen, aur yehi aasmaan

Whatever joys are there, there are sorrows in their shadow,

Today, those who smile, their eyes are wet too..

Where would one go,

The earth and the sky will remain the same..

Na main jaanoon, na tu jaane

Kis ghadi mein hona hai kya

Zindagi ke is jue mein

Paana kya hai, khona hai kya

Jo baat bhi hai, 

us mein sau maane chhupe hain

Haan chehron ke peechhe 

kitne hi chehre chhupe hain

Dhokhe ka hai dhuaan

Dhundhla-dhundhla sa hai

Aankhon mein har samaa

whatever thing is there,

there are a hundred hidden meanings in that..

behind the faces,

there are numerous faces hidden..

there is mist of deceit..

every season in the eyes is misty..

Na main jaanoon, na tu jaane

Kis ghadi mein hona hai kya

Zindagi ke is jue mein

Paana kya hai, khona hai kya