The Singing Serpant

Southside High is the beacon of all Southside juvenile delinquents. It's hall's filled with your typical high school crowd mixed with drugs and gangs. One of the many gangs that are affiliated into Southside High are the Southside Serpents. A gang who are the hierarchy of the Southside. They are a family who follow a set of rules that come down to one important rule. You fight one, you fight them all.

Though being in a gang at a young age is quite shocking to most of society, on the Southside, it's a common occurrence. Most of the new generation were born into it. It's their legacies. Their parents, and even grandparents were part of the Serpents. Thus is the story of Melody Harland. Melody's grandfather was one of the original members of the Serpents back in the 1940s. Her father followed along in his footsteps where he met Melody's mother.

Tragedy struck the Harland family, when her father was struck down by a Northsider, leading to her hatred of the Northside and her initiation into the Serpents to take care of her mother and little brother, Gunner. Following in her father's footsteps, she is a force to be reckoned with, with a short fuse and a powerful right hook.

~~~~🐍~~~~

Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap!

Melody taps her pencil against her worn textbook impatiently as she rests her chin on her hand and stares out the window, waiting for the bell to ring. She has zoned out long enough, she forgot which subject she was in. Nobody likes to go to school in the Summer. It's not that she wasn't smart, she just had a lot of absences that she had to make up for.

Riiiiiiiinnnnnggggg!

As soon as the bell sounds, Melody is up and out the door. She makes her way to her locker where she is met by her best friends, twins Vikki and Jade Davis. Though they are twins, they are opposites. Vikki's hair is brown and Jade's is black, and while you would find Jade hanging with the boys, Vikki played with their hearts.

"Hello, ladies. Did I miss anything interesting while I was wasting away in Ms. Baxter's class?" Melody asks her twin companions with a slight smirk.

"If watching my sister make out with her third guy before lunch is what you mean, then no." Jade says with an annoyed look and her arms crossed.

"Hey! That blue eyed hunk was worth it!" Vikki defends with a smirk, making her twin roll her eyes.

Melody shrugs in a nonchalant manner. "As long as it wasn't a Ghoulie, then let her have fun."

The trio made their way to the lunchroom. After getting their food, they crossed the room and entered the opposite side of a chain fence, where the Serpents sat. There they find their other friends, Fangs Fogarty, Toni Topaz, and Joaquin DeSantos. Among them is the boy that doesn't need much effort to grind Melody's gears. Sweet Pea.

Sweet Pea was a tan skinned mountain with a shorter temper than Melody. They are always picking fights with each other. Today was no different.

Sluurrp!

Melody quietly eats her chocolate pudding only to hear the obnoxious slurping of Sweet Pea.

Sluurrp!

Melody looks up at Sweet Pea with a glare.

Sluurrp!

An annoyed groan sounds from her throat. "God! Can you be any louder, Sweet Pea? It's pudding, not soup!"