Different|Daniel x Chris

AU: Sean and Daniel surrender, much like the Redemption ending, except Sean doesn't go to prison and they both move to Beaver Creek with their grandparents. Set 3 years after the events at the border. Shall be more of a Sean comforting his brother type of thing. Sean x Finn included in conversation.

~Daniel~

"Hey! Give it back!" I whined as Sean took my 'diary' of sorts, picking it up and holding it above his head, "revenge for you stealing my sketchbook the other day!" He exclaimed and laughed. I wasn't amused. "Sean, please, give it back!" I could feel my voice breaking slightly. There was a lot of.. information.. in there that I absolutely did not want Sean, or anyone, to see.

Sean looked at me in shock as tears began spilling from my chocolate brown eyes. "Woah dude, okay. I'm sorry. Don't touch the diary. Got it." He smiled lightly and handed my diary back to me, putting his hands up defensively. "Yeah. Don't touch it. It's none of your business." I huffed angrily and turned to the stairs, storming off to my room.

I locked my door and slumped down against it, pulling my knees into my chest. So glad Sean didn't read anything. He would've found out I ..liked.. Chris if he had.

I was so confused. I shouldn't feel this way.. I know Sean and Finn are together or.. whatever. But it's different for me. I'm seven years younger than Sean and Finn and their relationship, although very loving and healthy, seemed full of stuff I did not want to get involved in at 13.

I was also never sure about the whole being gay thing. Of course I support my brother, nothing could ever make me dislike him after everything we've been through together, but it's a little different when it's you. Especially when you're figuring it out as young as I was.

Sean was 16 when he first had.. feelings.. for Finn. I was 13! I shouldn't even be thinking of relationships at that age.. but.. Chris just seemed so.. warm. So comforting. He gets me; he understands. I know it's a stupid thought for a 13 year old to have, but I really did.. love.. Chris. Although not knowing exactly which way I felt, romantic or otherwise, I knew that fact for sure.

There was a knock at the door and I jumped. "Who is it..?" I questioned, trying not to sound like I'd been crying, just in case. "It's me, enano." Sean's voice spoke out from behind the door. I sniffled softly and kept silent. "Come on Daniel, I'm sorry. Please can we talk about it?" I sighed and got up. I unlocked the door and flopped onto my bed. "It's unlocked."

The door opened with a click and Sean stepped into the room cautiously. "Hey.. you okay?" He smiled awkwardly and motioned to the area on the bed next to me as if to ask if he could sit down. I sat up and shrugged as he joined me on the comfy mattress.

"Daniel. What's wrong? You know you can tell me anything, yeah?" I nodded and looked at him wearily. I opened my mouth to speak but slammed it shut quickly. What if he didn't support me? That was stupid, of course he would, he's bisexual.

"Sean.. I.. I really like Chris.." I trailed off and looked off out the window. "Okay..? You're his best friend. It's kinda obvious you'd like him...?" He spoke and tilted his head, not quite understanding what I meant. I shook my head, "No. That's the thing. I think.. I think I wanna be.. more than friends.. with Chris. Like. Romantically? Like like? Care about? Love..?" I blurted out quickly and blushed profusely once what I'd said dawned on me.

I said the word. I said I loved Chris. In front of Sean. Oh my god. I looked over to my older brother slowly when he didn't say anything, slightly terrified. Oh no, did I mess up?

"Oh my god that's adorable." He grinned at me and chuckled softly. "Daniel, you don't have to be worried about me judging you for liking a boy. I'm always gonna be here for you, you're my little bro! Nothing can come between that. Nothing can make me hate you, Superwolf. Ever." I laughed in relief, happy tears slipping from my eyes. It was okay. I was okay. My feelings were okay.

Sean pulled me into a hug and messed with my hair, "I love you, enano. Never forget that." I returned his hug and smiled warmly. "I love you too, Sean. Thank you for being such a great big brother."

______________________________

Word count: 785

Sorry this one's short and not really focused on any romance. I thought we needed more supportive Diaz brother content out there, so here you go!! Hope you enjoyed :)

- Bo