With The Stars|Sinn

Warnings for: violence, death(mentions/descriptions of Finn getting shot) and mentions of drugs.

Au: Set after the "Parting Ways" ending.//It's been years since Finn got shot on the farm and Sean is settled into Puerto Lobos alone. He finds himself missing Finn just that little bit more than usual one night when he finds something that reminds him of his dead boyfriend.

~Sean~

-6 years after the events at the border-

It was quiet in Puerto Lobos, especially on those days when the sun would set perfectly and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I was sat on the beach outside of my house and shop alone. I remembered how I had collapsed into this same sand just over six years ago, having just lost my brother. Potentially forever, as far as I was aware.

I had been quick to settle in and had managed to get a letter to Daniel and my grandparents within six months; since my initial letter we had been sending them back and forth every month. Daniel was 16 now and I was nearly 23. It was hard to believe that I had been an adult for nearly five years. Daniel wasn't far behind, either.

It was nights where the stars were visible and the moon lit up the sky like a torch that were the worst, though. The sight of the crowded darkness above me reminded me of those nights back in California. Reminded me of how the group of us would be gathered around the campfire, probably drunk or high, and would just talk.

It reminded me especially of the most important person to me, Finn. I was so in love with him. He'd helped Daniel and I out countless times and was incredibly understanding. After that day.. when we kissed.. I couldn't get him off my mind. I couldn't get the sight of what happened out of my head.

I remembered it clearly; the sound of the gun sounding out loudly as I told Daniel not to use his power and how Finn fell down. How he stared at me as he bled. The look in his eyes as he took his last breath. The way he muttered my name as he died.

Finn was dead because of me and not only did I hate myself for it, but Daniel hated me for it too. Maybe that was why he'd jumped out of the car that day. He didn't want to be with me anymore; he didn't want to be with a murderer anymore.

I had been on my own for six years and it was not doing me any good. There were nights like this where I'd sit in the sand and think about what it'd be like; how different would my life be if I had surrendered? Maybe I'd still be able to hug Daniel. Maybe I wouldn't be alone.

I had considered crossing the border again but I knew it wouldn't be an option. Not for another few years at the very least. I had no idea how the law in the US worked anymore but I was sure they weren't just going to drop it. Going back now would be a death sentence and I knew it. They'd shoot me on sight, no questions asked.

I had just finished my last job for today in the garage and I was more than relieved. I sat out on the deck and had a beer, I knew I had to do something soon. It was either stay here and rot away, probably ending up dead with the amount of gang violence in my area, or run again. I knew I had to go back eventually; it wasn't safe here. But then again, it wasn't safe there either.

Even though nobody really questioned me, I knew people weren't really fond of me and it was just a matter of how long it'd take them to do something.

Ultimately, I decided I had to run. To return to my brother. To go back to the US. Maybe then I could mourn over the loss of my lover properly, too.

I wasn't scared anymore. If I died trying to go home then so be it. At least Finn and I would be together again.

______________________________

Word count: 715

Sorry this one's kinda sloppy!!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed :)

- Bo