Chapter 8

The Final Chapter

A week passed when Hinata and Aone met again, and that was because of a practice match between Date Tech and Karasuno that was thrown at them out of nowhere.

Both teams just naturally assumed the two would pair up again as Suga waited by the door for them.

However, Hinata immediately ran and hid behind Suga while Aone slowly walked over not making eye contact.

There was something wrong.

Fretting, Suga smiled and wrapped an arm around Hinata's shoulder, spun him around, and walked towards the outdoor volleyball court.

Aone followed behind as the two crows chatted until Suga went silent.

Reaching the court, Suga tripped and the ball was thrown, high into the air and onto the storage roof.

"Ah...oops my bad"

Smiling as he picked himself up, Suga walked towards the storage room.

"Hey Aone, can you reach that?"

Aone who came closer, stood by the storage door and reached up.

Suga unbolted the storage room to look inside and called Hinata over to see if they could find a spare volleyball temporarily.

Hinata went in and before Suga followed suit, he pushed Aone who was still on his tip toes, into the storage....and locked them in.

Hinata immediately hit the door, "I...I...WHY SUGAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa!!!!"

"You idiots need to talk it out, have an hour, clear your heads, and I'll be back in an hour."

With that, his footsteps faded leaving Hinata staring jaw open at the door for a moment before dramatically sliding to the floor, he turned his head around to look at Aone who's expression... caught him off guard.

His face was bright red again...

Feeling his own face heat up, he backed towards the door until his back hit it and hand both hands in front of his face defensively.

What happened the week before was still fresh in his mind and this déjà vu was literally spinning him in circles.

Aone then stiffly walked over and sat himself down, looking around to avoid eye contact before letting out a deep sigh.

He looked into Hinata's eyes and at that moment, they both held their breaths. Neither one could break the eye contact as they stared at each other not knowing what to do and as each minute ticked by, they found themselves more and more captivated.

Not like usual, the first to talk this time...was Aone.

In his deep slightly husky voice, he kept looking into Hinata's eyes as he started to speak.

"I...can't stop looking at you."

Hinata's ears reddened and the eye contact broke, he looked down at hands to his shirt and then looked around the room as if he was trying to not get caught.

But he couldn't run from this.

Aone couldn't stop looking at him? That sounded awfully similar to how he felt. Maybe...Aone knew what that warm giddy feeling was?