Chapter 3

The thing is, when the coaches were talking as they walked down the stairs, they were talking about keeping contacts and the potential to start a lasting relationship with each other in practice matches.

The Date Tech team were so surprised since Aone doesn't reach to anyone that their coach immediately contacted Karasuno.

So despite losing to them, the coaches ended up organising a training camp with each other with the agreement to go full out at each other at Spring Tournament.

Hinata was frustrated over his lost against "The Great King" and was fuming just as Daichi announced they had a training camp for two weeks just before the Spring Tournament.

They needed to get their parent's signatures as soon as possible.

Annoyance turned into excitement as Hinata buzzed happily as he sat in the bus...until he fell asleep from exhaustion and passed out onto Suga's lap.

Suga smiled before patting Hinata's head gently like a mother to her baby and he himself felt himself relax and fell asleep on Daichi's shoulder with a hand still in Hinata's hair.

Once home, Hinata immediately got permission from his parents to go to the training camp and he played with his sister Natsu before heading to bed.

Just as he was about to fall asleep, he caught a glimpse of Aone in his mind. His face heated ever so slightly as adrenaline pumped hard in his heart as he remembered their match.

He couldn't wait to play Date Tech again. He really wanted to play.... against........ Aone... zzzz......

Hinata's bag was packed and ready. He couldn't wait to go to training camp!

The bus ride was boring but well worth the wait as they arrived and saw.... DATE TECH?!?!?

The details of the practice match was unknown to the team members apart from Suga and Daichi so it took almost everything for Hinata to not jump out the window in joy.

Karasuno had apparently agreed to have a match a day against each other as practice with the agreement that the losing team took a round of flying laps.

Before the match, the players would train in pairs against each other in one on ones or twos.

That way, they would drastically improve each individual skill before crashing them together to improve teamwork.

Although Aone was a blocker, there was a non verbal agreement that he was paired with Hinata and Suga joined as their setter because Kageyama was paired with their captain Moniwa who was also a setter to increase his knowledge about leadership.

Some started to walk outside into the small hill outside and Hinata's eyes sparkled when he saw a net.

They were going to train outside!

The uneven floor made it harder to jump and the soft grass made it harder to land as they didn't have good grip.

The heat raised a sweat and Suga was probably the most ridiculously tired as he was also mentally strained as he tried to increase his accuracy when he set the ball.

Hinata would miss most of them as he tried to keep his eyes open but his reflexes still hit the ball in a wild direction.

Aone's practice was to increase his stability and reflexes by playing against someone with almost completely random sporadic movements so he ended up having sweat drip down his face as he was completely locked into Hinata's play.

Eventually, Suga ran out of steam and went to take a break and Aone went to join him.

Hinata, with his non human stamina, picked up the ball and proceeded to slam it against the floor.

It ricocheted off the uneven grass and hit the wall at an odd angle. He ran after the speeding ball and wacked at it as hard as he could but with his eyes open, he missed.

Half an hour later of repeatedly missing the ball, Suga returned with Aone with a smile and picked up the ball getting ready for their afternoon training.

Aone had an interesting expression on his face that Hinata read as confusion but it was pushed down for the practice.

The repetition was getting rather boring for Aone as Hinata kept missing the spikes. He sighed internally as he looked down at Hinata who was out of breath but ready for another spike.

He was just like the rest...

The mundane world continued to slowly tick by as he looked down from his high stand. The ground was all he ever looked at and everything just seemed grey.

He thought it would be different with Hinata as for the first time for as long as he could remember, a colour bounced into his life.

The smile Hinata gave him during the match was dazzling and during the end of the game, he felt as if he was truly....alive.

And when the game ended, the world seemed so loud that he even wanted to plug his ears from the ruckus as it was all so...new.

But now everything was quiet again.

The same dull grass and the same dull floor. The same dull net and the same dull-

Hinata!

Taking a step back as the ball for once broke right through him, Aone for once, looked up.

There, right there, was Hinata. With his arms spread out like wings and Aone could almost see the daunting black feathers against the everlasting wide blue sky.

It was as if Hinata was being pulled up into that infinity and he raised an arm reflexively towards Hinata, placing a finger on the flying boy's stomach before Hinata started his descent back down.

"Ah-ah-ah-AH!!!!!!!!!" Hinata was at a lost for words staring at his palm that was slightly red from the contact of the ball.

He...hit it....HE HIT IT!!!!!!

Happy was an understatement as their training continued and the chances of Hinata hitting the spike drastically increased to the point that his chance if landing a hit was now about 30%.

For the practice match after the training however, Karasuno still lost and they proudly took another flying lap.

Hinata could hit the spike but he wasn't ready to show so after training, Hinata and Aone had their little secret that Suga knew from being there and Daichi as he and Suga talk about everything.