Chapter 4

They were halfway through their training camp with Date Tech and the members of Karasuno were in the middle of evolving, losing all their matches.

They had to switch partners now since a week had past and they were working within their own teams for a few days.

Obviously partnered with Kageyama, Hinata struggled all over again as Kageyama's set was different but it was fine, he was improving.

The eighth day passed quickly and Karasuno returned to their camp's rooms.

Absolutely tired out, Hinata had missed Karasuno's turn for the baths and found out the baths were open for another hour after Date Tech's turn.

The rest of the team were getting dressed and ready for their nightly pillow fight as Hinata grabbed his stuff for after the bath. Heading down the sunset lit corridor, he giggled as he saw his arms get lit up by the sun rays and his whole body was the colour of his hair.

Reaching the baths, he opened the doors and indeed, no one was there.

One thing Hinata liked doing when no one was around, was creating a ridiculous amount of bubbles and envelope himself in their suds.

Today was no exception as Hinata quickly scrubbed his whole body clean and left massive trails of bubbles.

Working them until he was completely enveloped, he didn't even hear the door open behind him.

Aone had gotten too worked up during training today as no one was able to get him to work up a sweat. The world seemed....on edge to him as during his breaks, he looked up into the sky.

Clouds were everywhere and instead of feeling like there was no end of their beauty, for some reason.... without Hinata...the sky seemed to almost be trying to compress the world.

He felt...odd.

It was as if, wherever he looked....he felt out of place. If he looked ta the floor, he felt like a sour thumb as he towered obnoxiously. If he looked in front of him, it was usually a wall or some other tall structure that gets in his way. Or even when he looked at the sky, he felt uncomfortably small.

He avoided the Date Tech bath as he didn't want to disappoint his team since he completely set a bad mood during their practice. Deciding to avoid their room as much as possible too, he headed to the baths late.

Walking down the corridor, he was about to turn the intersection when he heard the happiest little laugh and froze. At that moment, Hinata came from his right side and walked passed him his body completely enveloped in sunlight.

He held his breath as he watched the boy skip into the baths and he just stood their as Hinata disappeared from his sight.

(Just so it's clear, Hinata's path to the baths is a straight line whereas Aone's is one with one turn. At the intersection of these two paths, Hinata continued to walk in his straight line passing Aone who stood in the dark and couldn't see him.)

He was like a bird... Swooping in and flying off into the distance, Aone stood dazed, wondering how Hinata saw the world. Did he see the world he wished he could see?

He shook his head after standing in a daze, he couldn't reach it anyway, and headed towards the bath. What was he thinking?

Locking his stuff away, he opened the bath door to see Hinata completely covered in bubbles and the sight made him stop in his tracks all over again.

Hinata's pale body had distinct tan lines at his thighs and arms and neck. His body was even smaller without Karasuno's shirt hiding his slim figure.

Completely different to Aone who just had a ridiculous abundance of muscles, Hinata's body was toned and compact. A good balance between muscle mass and his small body.

His skin that wasn't tanned was slightly pink from both the heat and scrubbing and the bubbles made him just seem so fluffy as he happily created more.

His shoulders and chest and legs were completely covered in the suds exposing pretty much only his face, stomach and back as he continued to make more bubbles on his legs.

Aone snapped out of his daze and picked up one of the hand towels and poured some soap into it. Working a few bubbles, he went up to Hinata and poked his back to let him know he was there.

Shrieking slightly, Hinata whisked around with a bright pink face and just went even more red as he locked eyes with Aone who was on one knee and holding a bubble covered towel.

Realizing he was offering to scrub his back, Hinata nodded and turned back around, ears almost as red as his hair was orange.

Aone gently washed Hinata's back, scrubbing against his slender frame as the towel went from the tanned shoulders to his defined shoulder blades to the dip his back to his small hips.

Did he eat enough?

Either way, Hinata was clean and he got up to turn around and wash Aone's back.

Hinata knew Aone was huge but... scrubbing a towel against those large back muscles and athletic body, Hinata felt jealous of the body. But it didn't matter to him as he was working his hardest.

Tracing his fingers one last time against Aone's back, he patted the big guy before heading into the bath.

They sat together in comfortable peace, enjoying the hot water that eased their muscles and listened to the sound of water flowing.

Hinata was the one talking as Aone happily sat listening. He liked listening but most people were too scared to just continuously talk when someone doesn't reply.

But Hinata didn't care about that. He just kept talking on and on, happy that someone was even listening to him. Most people ignore his continuous blabber and he was often told to just shut up.

The hour flew by and the two got up to leave. They changed into their bath robes and headed down the corridor.

As they reached the intersection where they part, Hinata felt he didn't want to be separated.

Aone felt the same and they ended up just standing still in the corridor not knowing what to say.

Aone tuned to him and got down to see eye to eye with Hinata and nodded at him.

They should do this again tomorrow.

Hinata smiled and Aone got up, the two bowing goodnight to each other before returning to their rooms.