Chapter 1

On the first day of the Inter High and Hinata was literally bouncing off the walls with excitement and nerves.

Not only was he absolutely high on adrenaline, he needed the toilet as his stomach growled at his opponents.

The animalistic squeals were freaking him and his team out as they walked down the corridor towards their lockers when they run into one of their potential rivals....Date Tech....

One guy in particular locked eyes briefly with Hinata and for a single moment, his stomach stopped and Hinata was lost as he looked up to this person. Quite literally as he almost towered two meters and Hinata looked away. His stomach couldn't take it and he didn't need his mind messed up either.

The guy then immediately locks onto Asahi and points at him with a glare on his face as if it was screaming rival and Asahi responded by almost passing out from anxiety as Noya defended him before two of the guy's team stop him.

They bowed an apology and the captain, Moniwa explained how Aone, the ridiculously tall guy, always locks onto his opponent, the ace.

Futakuchi, their wing spiker, then wacked Aone around the head so he would bow in apology too before they walked off.

The event managed to calm down Hinata's stomach to an extent but now it was churning over a different reason.

The reason being that Hinata was completely overwhelmed by the ridiculous height of Aone.

He literally had to look all the way up and Aone's head was roughly around where his fingertips would reach if he raised his arm and stood on his tiptoes...

He knew he could easily reach Aone's face if he jumped but...the excitement to face him as an opponent got his blood pumping and he couldn't wait for them play.

After advancing into the second round of the Inter High with both teams winning their first round, it was Date Tech's turn to face off against Karasuno.

Heart pounding, Hinata stared wide eyed as Aone quickly showed off his speed and capabilities as a formidable read blocker by catching up to him on his first spike.

Just like an "iron wall", they continue to shut out Karasuno's spikes one after another and it quickly became apparent that Hinata had to bring out the big guns for this fight and he was almost trembling with excitement as he slowly exhaled.

Eyes locking onto Kageyama, he was ready.

Glaring at Aone with only winning in mind, he went expressionless as he ran at top speed, zipping from one side to another and jumping as high as he could, slamming his arm down and feeling the ball slam to the floor, *BAM*

Thump thump thump....

He didn't know whether it was his heart or just the sound of the ball's ricochet of the floor and it bounced across the hall.

What?

Taken aback when the ultimate weapon, the oddball quick, was released, Aone stared with wide eyes at the small boy in front of him panting ever so slightly as he straightened himself up and smiled directly at his face.

Hinata's grin took Aone off guard and it resonated with something within him. He didn't really mind what was the score anymore....he just wanted to have fun... because he simply loved volleyball.

Although, winning makes it more fun so Aone immediately locked onto Hinata, his attention was pointed towards the small boy.

The rest of his teammates believed the oddball quick to be a fluke, but Aone only followed his instincts when he grew wary of Hinata.

He watched him like a bear following a fish in a river ready to pounce, ignoring his team's doubtful comments.

His suspicion proved to be right when Hinata's eyes suddenly went serious again and almost immediately after, Date Tech lost another point to Karasuno.

He couldn't even react in time to put up any defense as he turned around to see the ball bouncing off the wall after it already ricocheted a point.

That sparked a small fire in him as Aone became determined to stop Hinata. He immediately changed directions and jumped a second time after seeing Hinata dodging the blockers. He was ready now. He wasn't going to fall for this Hinata's tricks the third time.

This time, when Hinata jumped and slammed the ball, he successfully shut down the spike and slammed it to the floor. By now, Aone had focused all his attention on Hinata and react to his every movements. He was almost mesmerized by how much Hinata could move and was impressed with every jump.

The way his hair fluffed up as he jumped around catching the light that poured though the window. The serious glint in his eyes as he jumped and the way he slammed down the ball with his eyes closed.

When Hinata charges forward to spike, Aone immediately goes to block, his movements almost pulled by the smaller boy's sporadic movements. He didn't even both to read the path of Kageyama's toss.

Realizing his error too late after he sees Asahi emerging from behind Hinata for a back row attack. Aone felt something unusual.

Why was he so occupied about Hinata? Anyone else in his team could be forming the iron wall so why was he doing it?

He had already locked onto Asahi earlier that day clearing the fact he was going to stop the ace so why?...

He glared at Hinata who was now running all the way to the other side of the court. Why was he just looking at Hinata?

Maybe he just wanted to be able to catch the fast moving player and he saw it as a challenge.

Well whatever.

Throughout the rest of the first set, Aone kept getting taken in by Hinata as a decoy and made many errors in blocking. Each time becoming more and more agitated.

However, he was already adapting and putting up more resistance to every new oddball quick that was thrown at them than before.