ut| ivy

a playboiocean
cuz yes.

He always came over with a new mark on his tanned Brown skin. A new pinkish purplish bruise on his lip or a new burn mark underneath his eye. He'd never let them affect his day though. a smile that was brighter than the texan sun, beautiful dreads longer than my fingers and he walked with such pride and poise I almost forgot he was just as damaged as me.

his eyes almond shaped and a such pretty brown that they made mine look like like the color of tree bark. His beauty was unmatched.

our hideout constantly changed over the summer; where could two gay kids in texas run off to? we often hung out at dawn before separating for the rest of the day. my lips always clung on to his bruised ones the metallic taste of maroon coloured blood sitting on my tongue once we pulled away. I didn't really understand what we had.

we were friends.

so when I heard the words 'I love you' I froze. I didn't know what to say. But my mind instantly went back to that night in the hotel; his arms wrapped around my body as we both cried into each others shoulder blade; your sobs carrying more weight than mine.

I thought about the things I didn't mean to say and the things I didn't need to do. But, there were things you didn't need to say, did you need to?

the doubt I had for us and what we built lingered in the back of my mind. But jordan, when you wrapped your arms around my neck and trapped your lips with mine..

I knew I was doomed.

trapped by the pitiless, enticing feeling called love. Something I yearned for, yet feared at the same time. the feel deep down was good. real good. every second the feeling lasted I knew I was getting myself into something I wouldn't be able to escape from easily.

But, I could appreciate the calm before the storm.

What I didn't know was, you was the storm all along.

-this is something really rough i wrote like months ago but I always feel a pang of muted pain when I read over it and I really like it. Not the best, but its something.-

-enemies.