4

My body sliced through the air as a plummeted towards the ground. I didn't scream as a normal person might, instead I spread out my limbs like a five pointed star, and bend my legs at the knees.

Bending reality with my mind, people avoided the space where I would land. And I did. I did this when I was stressed, jump off a tall building and slam into the ground with all the force and power I felt. But I reality bend my skin and bones to be stronger so, I wouldn't ya know, die. But I don't have to. I could just not bend reality and off myself.

After slamming into the ground, I stood up and tilted my head to see the roof of the Stark tower, very high up. I felt satisfied, and took off walking down the street to find some coffee or street food.

I picked up food items from many different kiosks around New York, and snacked as I went. My phone rang 7 times, so smashed it against a wall and left it there. I made a mental note to go buy a new one.

I visited one of the homeless shelters I spent a couple nights in, gave some money to a couple of the patrons there. I'm cynical not apathetic.

I did go buy a new phone. But i didn't even turn it on. I went to Central Park, and watched a street band. I gave them all of my change. Because I remember my days as a street musician... Barely scraping by. Bone thin. Always cold. Always hoping the next passer by would have a heart. I take them out to dinner. And call a taxi to take them where they need to go.

I ride the subway back to the Stark tower. I get recognized as an Avenger. But I dismiss the child, saying that I am not (Y/n), the reality bender. Instead i give the name Rhianne, that was the name I was born with anyways. Only, I'm the only one that knows that.

I've visited my family sense I left them. They asked me who I was. Then recognized me and told me to leave. I'm a freak and not wanted there. I left that place for the second time and didn't feel guilty, but at the same time filled with hate.

I didn't return to the tower until 1 AM... I suppose I missed Christmas with the team then. Not that I was the least bit willing to participate. But at least I made Christmas good for that street band, and the few people in the old homeless shelter I came from.