❤️1❤️ {Editing}

"Rave!" came a voice from downstairs.

"Okay okay, I'm coming!" I said, grabbing my bag and phone and racing down the stairs.

"I doubt we are that late for the bus," I said walking into the kitchen to find mom making pancakes.

"Morning sweetie," she grinned as I grabbed a pancake and kissed her cheek before putting it in my mouth. "Oh goodness honey, sit down and digest that food properly. You aren't late for anything," she said serving me.

I frowned, "Why did she make me rush then," I thought out loud helping my self to another pancake.

"You know your sister," mom said rolling her eyes as Renee walked in.

Now I remembered. Unlike me, Renee loved herself to the core, and always took her time when dressing up. So instead of letting me sleep, she always expected me to wake up earlier than her so that I would wait for her.

"How do I look?" asked Rey holding her hip.

"Like a horror movie," replied mom as she prepared her coffee.

Suddenly I cracked up. And all the orange juice that was still in my mouth was either spat out or came out of my nose. Someone had posted a funny tiktok video of Paige Neiman (Ariana Grande's look alike)

Rey frowned whilst mom too began laughing as I showed her the video, and as soon as Renee saw it, she grinned and began laughing.

"Okay you too, stop it now," mom grinned. "You're gonna be late."

"Bye mom," we said together kissing her cheeks before we walked out.

"We only have six minutes left before the public bus leaves us," I said, " better run."

So we started a competition and ran to the bus stop. Luckily, it hadn't arrived yet so we sat down on the bench and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Are you sure I look okay?" Rey said checking her phone for new messages.

"You look great as usual,"

Rey was wearing ripped jeans and a white crop top. She put a blue bomber jacket on top and was wearing Nike sneakers. On the other hand, I was wearing a floral blue dress and white adidas sneakers.

The whole journey to school was completely long because Lincoln High was like five miles away. We could have got there sooner using mom's polo but she needed it to go to work.

Our mom was a chef at an Italian restaurant that I never got the hang of the name, even when she told me multiple of times. As a single mom, she was doing everything she could for the both of us. And I'm sure that you are asking where my father is...
Well the truth is, as some people would call it, Rey and I are illegitimate children. I've never seen my dad before and I don't want to. It would be awkward for him to see us now, as seventeen year old girls when he could have taken a chance a long time ago.

Rey and I were perfectly fine with our small family of three and we didn't want it to be any more or less than what it already was.

"How's your YouTube channel going?" Rey asked as her fingers swiftly danced on the keyboard on her phone.

I looked at her with a frown as she grinned from ear to ear. I rolled my eyes and looked at the world outside, the wind gently beating at my face.

I had started a YouTube channel when I was five, actually, my mom set it up for me because she saw how talented I was in music. Rey, mom and I were the only people who knew about my music talent and I should have been famous by now but I never ever showed my face in any of the videos. I had been hearing a lot of rumours of musical artists looking for me and I was happy to find that I was becoming famous. Well, my voice was the one getting famous. Even though a lot of opportunities were now coming, I had to let them pass. My dreams were the last thing on my mind and all I wanted to do was to finish high school, go to University and take it from there. But I had stopped posting videos because I didn't feel like doing music anymore.

The bus came to halt and we got out. There stood our school.

'Lincoln High'

This place was were our High school life started...