❤️23❤️

"I'm sure she'd willingly take your place in the play,"Liv said running her hands on the piano.

"She has my blessings," I replied playing a song.

"Why do you like music so much?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, usually you always get caught up in your music when you're bored or angry or sad..."

"And in books too," I added in.

"Yeah yeah, you're one of a kind."

"And she's my sister," Brandon grinned.

I smile at him and continue playing the piano, a random song that just wormed its way into my brain.

"I don't think I would have been this interested in music if it wasn't for Renee who signed a contract with the devil."

"Does she even know how to sing?" Brandon asked.

"You know nothing. She has got tutors from all over the world, trying to teach her how to sing. At first from what I knew, she always used to sing like some caveman. Or like Tarzan when he's swinging on the vines and making those ahhh noises that seem to be like a melody. But now... she has improved. Though she stands no chance with you Raven."

"Have you ever heard me sing before?" I asked her.

"I don't quite clearly remember but if I didn't, you better start singing for me. Any song your heart desires."

"Nah. Thank you but my voice box isn't working anymore."

"Well you need practice if you're going to win in the musical," Brandon said.

Every year, Lincoln High has a musical, to say goodbye to the seniors that are going to college. So you have to sign up if you want to be part of the musical where as you'll be expressing your music talent. This year, unfortunately, they had decided to hold a play before the musical. So by tradition of the school, they'd hire a amphitheater, and invite a lot of schools and parents. Excluding us, the other schools and parents buy tickets to watch the concert and that gives a huge profit to our school.

"I don't think I'll win..."

"I'll be your tutor," Liv chimed in.

Brandon and I laughed and she grinned.

"I have a really good voice you know."

Suddenly the bell rang, making the end of break. I stopped playing the piano and got up as Brandy and Liv walked across the aisle to the doors.

"You coming?" Brandon asked.

"Mhm," I said as I followed behind.

~~~~~~~~~

I found myself in Geography and for the first time I was bored. The topic that our teacher was on about was just tedious and I could tell that a lot of people were bored too. Basically, I was the only person who was awake.

Like what??

This made me feel cringy and I felt like I should also put my head down but I had never done that. Never ever before. But now I had the urge to do it.

I lowered my head and rested it on my hands. I felt alone for the first time. Like I was the only person on earth or the universe. Floating about in outa space, seeing nothing but stars and galaxies and weird planets. Bit by bit, everybody was drifting away, away from where I was and away from me.

After a while, class was dismissed and the day went by slowly. I found myself at my locker as people began leaving the school premises. Rey was talking to Britt along with another girl I never knew, opposite my locker.