𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @Venusdemilo988

Title: Vile Part 2

"What? Where am I?" I whispered as I tried opening my eyes but failed. I felt around my face and whimpered at the feeling of bandages covering my upper face, like a mask.

"Hello?" I called out as I sat up carefully and listened. I heard nothing for a second, then a big clamoring as several people ran towards me.

"(Y/n)!" Leo said, sounding relieved, as I felt him grab my shoulder gently. Hearing his voice made me relax instantly and I laid back down as he helped me.

"What happened? Why am I here?" I demanded as I felt Donnie prodding my head gently. I heard him sigh as he asked Leo and Raph, whom I didn't notice, to leave for a minute.

"Hey, Raph?" I called out, wanting to hear his voice. I heard footsteps stop and then a scuffle as he turned to face me, I guessed.

"Yeah?" I flinched slightly as I noticed the tone of his voice. It was deep, like he was trying to contain himself from shouting. It was calm, but there was something lying beneath. Was he angry at me?

"Nothing. Never mind," I turned to face my lap as I played with my hands. I ignored his sigh as he left, slamming the door slightly.

"So, (y/n), how do you feel?" I turned to face where Donnie's voice was coming from as I felt his warm fingers gently touch my face.

"Fine, I just have a little headache. And why am I wearing bandages around my eyes?" Donnie paused for a second and I grew a little worried at the silence around us.

"Donnie?" I asked again as I began shaking with fear.

"(Y/n), now I just need you to be completely open-minded with what I'm about to-" I cut him off as I fumbled for my face, trying to yank the bands off  of me.

"Hey, stop." he gently grabbed my hands and I shoved him away, putting my head in my hands.

"What happened to me? Donnie!" I began sobbing as I pathetically scratched my face, murmuring to myself. It couldn't be true. No, it couldn't. I wouldn't believe it.

"A Kraang caught you on one of our missions and splashed something onto your face and hand. Now, since April was the first one to you, she used her jacket to wipe you off as best she could, but there was only a small amount on your fingers. Your face on the other hand...I tested the substance and I don't know what it is, but I know what it does. It reverses the action something does. Which means, since it got on your eyes-"

"I'm blind," I whispered, reaching for my face. Madly, I began tearing at the bandages at my face again, this time intent on getting them off. Donnie tried stopping me, but I shoved him away and jumped off the cot, stumbling for the door. Finding it easily, I shoved it open and closed it behind me, ignoring the sound of Donnie calling for me. I took off again for any direction and stumbled, falling onto the floor.

"What the shell?" I heard Raph's voice and the t.v. as I sat up on my knees and began tearing at my face, full-on sobbing again.

"No, Raph, don't let her take them off!" within a second of Donnie screaming that, arms were around me, tugging me off the floor and dragging me back to the lab.

"No! Please, I don't wanna go back. I just wanna know, please," I muttered, pathetically as Raph stopped walking. There was nothing for a second and then Raph called Donnie's name.

"Go," was all the smart turtle replied with as the lab door shut again and I was left with Raph.

"Where are we going?" I demanded as I felt him dragging me in another direction.

"The kitchen. You look like you need some therapy food," upon entering, he helped me onto a stool and walked away. I listened to him for a bit, opening and closing a drawer and the freezer, but then my mind began wandering. Unconsciously, I reached for my face again but was startled by Raph's hand covering mine.

"Stop," was all he said, before replacing his hand with a spoon. He guided my hands over to a bowl and then started on his own. Inside was my favorite ice-cream.

"Will I ever see again?" I pushed the treat around my bowl as I muttered, not believing that I would never see anyone or anything ever again.

"We don't know. That's why Donnie was trying to keep the bandages over your eyes. He's working on an antidote but bandaged your eyes just in case your vision came back on it's own. Something about the lab lights being too bright to help. Anyways, how are you doing so far?"

"Oh, just great. I might never see again, I just screamed at the one guy trying to help me, I can't even remember why I'm blind, and I never told you..." I trailed off as I slumped down in my chair.

"Well, Donnie said it wasn't a promise that you would ever see again, but he's not the only one trying to help you. He also said your memory would come back sometime later because along with the memory itself and the aftershock of your eyes, your brain is suppressing those memories for now to protect you from them- or something along those lines. As for the last thing, just tell me now," I felt him grab my hand and squeeze slightly and I sighed.

"What's the point? It's not like it'll ever make a difference. I mean, I'm blind. What can I do now? I'm nothing without my sight," I flinched as I heard a bang. Raph has slammed his fist onto the table.

"Why are you thinking like that? Why? Before you were perfect. You were confident, happy, beautiful-" I stood up, shoving the stool backwards as I grasped the sides of the table.

"I could see then! What, you think I was just gonna tie a pretty ribbon around my eyes and go on with my life the same way? I thought life was beautiful because I could see it! I could see the beauty in everything. Now I can't do that," I heard Raph come around the my side of the table and take me in his arms.

"I saw the beauty in you even before I saw you, (y/n). You know that, right? I was in my room when you first walked into the lair, screaming at everyone about how happy you were to meet them. I heard your voice and I knew you were beautiful because of the way you spoke. You speak your soul through your words. You were beautiful because you believed you were. Now, what do you think you are? Nothing because you see nothing? Well I can see perfectly fine, and even if I didn't I would still think that you're the most perfect thing on this planet. And I don't need eyes to see that, (y/n). I just need you," I was hardcore Niagara Falls crying now, my bandages loosening with the tears. Still, they didn't come off, not that I wanted them to anymore.

Good job, Donnie.

"The thing that I was going to tell you is that I love you, Raph. I've loved you ever since you stomped out of your room to tell me off for being too loud the time Mikey and I got into a screaming match within the first five minutes of meeting each other. I've loved you for the longest time and now I realize that I don't need eyes to see you and how much you mean to me. I love you, Raphael, whether you see me or not," Raph chuckled and kissed the top of my head, sighing happily.

"I love you too, (y/n), whether you see me or not," there we stood, hugging, but not blind to the love that surrounded the both of us. 

++++++++++

About what Raph said about the brain suppressing memories if they're too traumatic, idk if that's exactly true but I remember reading something about that some time ago, so I put down what I remembered.

Request!