Chapter 16

Mar's P.O.V

I knock on his door and wipe my sweaty hands on my shorts. As I wait for him to open the door I tap my foot against the ground nervously.

All I want at this very moment is to get swallowed by the ground.

The door slowly opens which only makes my heartbeat race and I hold the urge to start biting my nails. My heart sinks to my underwear when I see Jack's mom is the one who has opened the door.

Why do this to me God?

She sweetly smiles at me and comes out of the house. "Oh, Hi Mar, I'm just on my way out. Jack is upstairs in his room." She tells me and let's me in before closing the door.

I take a deep breath and go upstairs, knowing where his room is after being so many times in his house. Half of my childhood has been spent here.

I'm terrified. I'm afraid I'll lose one of the best friends I have ever had. I'm afraid he will hate me and will never want to see me ever again. I love him so much but my love to him is only in a friends/brothers kind of way.

I never realized my love to him was not in the romantic kind of way anymore. After so long I thought that I was in love with him I just now realize I never really was. I mean I was but then because nothing happened I stopped loving him in that way but because I was used to thinking I'm in love with him I thought I still was.

I don't want to hurt him nor lose him.

I reach his room and I see him laying on his bed shirtless as the door is opened. I still knock and he looks up from his phone.

A smile appears on his face as he sees me and he gets up. I come inside and he gives me a big hug, kissing the top of my head.

"Hey, babe." He pulls away and kisses my lips which only breaks me more inside.

"Hey," I say after pulling apart and we sit on his bed.

"What's wrong?" He asks as he notices I'm not energetic and happy as usual.

"Uh, Jack, we need to talk." I say and I already feel the tears forming in my eyes.

Put yourself together! My subconscious yells at me.

"Okay, what's going on?" His voice immediately turning into a concerned one.

A sob leaves my lips and his eyes widen. He embraces me while I cry and I truly do wish I could slap myself at the moment.

I'm emotional because my period has just started, which only causes this to be worse than it is.

"Hey, don't cry, come on tell, what's wrong? Is it your family? Did you fight with Jenn? Or one of the Janoskians boys?" He moves my hair away and leaves a kiss on top of my head. At the mention of them I feel even more terrible than before.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I cry and he rocks me side to side.

"Sorry? Why are you sorry?" He asks. I hate myself so much.

"I'm sorry Jack, but I just can't do this to you, I can't do this, I'm sorry." I bite my lip as they tremble, trying to stop them and cover my sobs.

"Mar, you are scaring me, what happened?" He pulls away a bit so he can look at me but doesn't let me go. His hands softly rub my arms, trying to calm me.

"I-I don't deserve you," I shut my eyes to stop the tears from coming out.

"What are you talking about? I love-"

"No, don't say that! Please don't!" I cover my ears and shake my head.

I don't deserve Jack, I don't deserve him at all. While he is willing to know what's wrong instead of already assuming that I have cheated on him or something he is trying to make me feel better. I don't deserve him.