33. blockedt.

|◁ II ▷|

ariana grande pov.

IF ANGER HAD A FACE, it would have been Maya's, who sat painfully still, squashed next to him, whilst her heart was imploding inside her chest.

She wasn't surprised that he was such a love rat, given that she, too, had caved into the grips of that devilish charm of his and had opened her legs out to him without protest, allowing him to penetrate.

Eight times.

At times, she questioned the point of her cynicism especially when her body was blaring for intimacy. But, Ebén wronging her was proof that life had been much better when she rid herself of her rose-tinted glasses and saw things for what they were.

"You okay?" The serial flirt had noticed her quiet. But, it was neither a thinking-long-and-hard type of quiet, or an appreciation for the air of silence type of quiet.

It was a brooding sort of quiet, like she was plotting.

"I'm fine," That had been her third 'fine' in a row, and Ebén gathered, that she most certainly wasn't fine. It was obvious that she was frustrated at something, and despite his attempts to get to the root cause of why she was so frustrated, she remained guarded.

"You... sure?" Ebén continued to press, hoping her tongue towards him wouldn't continue to be so curt, unaware that it was he that she was mad at.

"Yes, Ebén," Much to his obvious dismay, she didn't depart from the bluntness in her tone, "I'm fine... for like the fifth time of you asking."

"Well, you're obviously not. I just don't get why you've got so much aggro for me. What have I even done?" said Ebén, as unbeknownst to him, his lack of self-awareness had brought out the full tilt of her red-hot rage that she was trying to temper.

He had now said the wrong thing and she certainly wasn't in the habit of continuing to keep her emotions in check when she was itching to explode.

"Ariana," Maya didn't even need to, or even want to, say anything else. She knew that by the mere mention of her name, Ebén would get the gist of what she was saying and that he did.

"Maya, you've got it wrong. It wasn't like that?" Ebén tried to dismiss what she had obviously saw with her hazel-green orbs, dressing it down as being friendly.

Maya was no fool, and was insulted that Ebén tried to make her seem like she was. There was nothing friendly about allowing a woman whose core he had eaten, insert her digits in his phone and demand that he call her, upon her return to London.

She deduced after his first excuse that whatever they were doing was over.

Fin.

"Whatever, Ebén." Maya was not interested in what other excuse he was about to give.

Silence followed after, and whilst Maya appreciated drowning out his voice with her thoughts, Ebén was reeling with regret that he had said the wrong thing.

His dismissal of what Maya had in fact saw had been something of instinct and didn't want to treat this budding relationship with Maya in the same vein that he had treated his others. He wanted to start anew.

He tried to pull her out of the sour mood she was sitting in, with an offer of some good, old fashioned vitamin D, "Hey, can I take you on trip?"

"No," To Ebén's surprise, Maya didn't bite, "Rhodes, you can drop me here, thanks"

As she stepped down, Ebén tried to pull her back with one hand gripped on her arm in an attempt to suspend her plans and make her stay, "Maya... wait?"