Chapter 7.

I woke up dripping in cold sweat, Tany lay at the end of my bed staring at me worriedly, "I'm fine girl" i said stroking her "Everything's fine" i lay back down and turned over, shutting my eyes....Go to sleep already, i thought. I looked at the time and then sighed as it read 4:30 am. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

                                                                                         Beth woke me up the next morning and said "You didn't meet me at the Smoothie bar like usual" i gasped and looked at the time, 9:49?! "We're late!" i said getting out of bed and grabbing clothes, "No we actually aren't" she said "There was a teacher meeting so school was cancelled...you got lucky" she said. I looked at her and then groaned "How did i forget? Oh ya, we were supposed to meet up at 9:30 to discuss something" i said as she turned away so i could change. "Mhm and when you didn't show i thought you died" i laughed as i pulled on some shoes. "Lets go" she said grabbing my arm.

                                                                                      About fifteen minutes later we were sitting in our favourite booth in the Jump Juice Smoothie bar with two blueberry smoothies. "So whats the tea?" i asked, "There is a competition coming up in the school" she said taking a sip of her smoothie "Its a talent competition and the top 3 winner get a trip to Malibu" she said grinning, "How cool right?" i nodded and finished sipping "That sounds brill". We talked about it for another little while before deciding on Beth and me doing a gymnastics routine...well....contortion for me! we left the shop.

                                                                                       We crossed the street and walked down the road towards Beth's house, "I hope we win, imagine going to Malibu for an entire school week!" she smiled and went dreamy-eyed as we walked. "Ya...it would be paradise, an all expenses paid trip!" i laughed at Beth as she started to twirl around singing...or more like warble "Soooome where oveeeeeeer the rain ~ BOOOOOOW!". I kicked her leg and she stopped, sometimes violence was the only way to get through to her when she was off.

                                                                                      "Shut up" i said laughing as she started trying to do her awful singing again, she folded her arms and marched faster pretending to look offended. We stopped outside her house and opened the gate, stepping into the front garden away from the traffic. We stepped through the door and into the hall of Beth's house and continued up to her bedroom. "OK! Let's get the equipment ready" I said getting out the mats and bars and dragging them into the middle of the room, We started out warm up with jumping jacks, squats, lunges, the splits and then I did a back-bend but Beth did her own gymnastic thing.

                                            -Week of the Talent show (sorry for the skip >.<)-

                                                                                  Me and Beth started our warm up in the gym, we were wearing matching leotards in a lovely blue colour. When we had finished and went to watch the other acts we started to doubt ourselves. "Wow" muttered Beth as someone ate fire "That's going to be hard to top..." I grinned sadly and said "Well at least ours is unique...right?!" she nodded and we went back to watching. After ten more acts it was our turn, we did a few more warm ups and then waited for our turn in the wings. "Ready?"  "Ready!" she took my hand and we walked onto the stage smiling and waving.