Part 5: The Shadowy Quest for Answers and Un-nerving Discoveries

Michael shut Kitt's sleek black door as quickly as possible. "Kitt, keep your scanner's peeled would you, Pal? I don't like what is going on here at all."

"You know I will, and Michael? Be careful," Kitt replied cautiously, with a swooshing of his red scanner.

Michael disappeared into the wing where Bonnie's dorm was located. He had just about reached her room when the first intern passed him.

"Excuse me, I was wondering. Did you see a brunette about this tall... her name is Bonnie Barstow?" Michael desperately quizzed.

"Nah man, does she even go to school here?" The intern expertly breathed his rehearsed lines. 

"Yeah, she goes to school here... this is her dorm... it's number 182," Michael sharply informed the twenty something year old. His blue eyes shining with a ferocity and a threatening flash of lightning. 

"Never heard of her," the intern insisted, anxiously moving away from the driven and unwanted investigator. 

When Michael was certain the hallway was cleared he called into his com-link, "Kitt? Can you unlock Bonnie's door for me?"

"Absolutely, Michael," Kitt replied, using Bonnie's programming to pop open the door to her dorm room.

Michael cautiously entered the dark room, his fingers sliding down the wall until they found a light switch. Turning on the lights he winced  and blinked into the stunning brightness.

His jaw dropped in surprise as he studied the relatively clean but empty dorm-room. "Kitt? Scan the room through my com-link, would you? Bonnie isn't here," Michael breathed into his wrist-watch  like device to his four wheeled partner. 

Michael moved the com-link about the room slowly, ensuring that Kitt could get a good look around the place for any details the human agent might have missed. 

"Right away, Michael," Kitt answered. His scanner swooshing at a rapid pace as he snapped photo's of Bonnie's room. 

When he finished the task he beeped Michael's pager twice. With a gentle and rather calm tone he added,"there doesn't seem to be anything out of order, Michael. But there is a strange cluster of hair fibers on the floor. If you collect them, I might be able to analyze them to see if they belong to Bonnie or her possible captors." 

Michael picked up the hairs with a set of tweezers, noticing a hair follicle on the end.... this alone would be able to pin any female suspects if there had been any involved. Simply because hair follicles were inherited from the maternal side of one's ancestry and not the paternal.  But still, if it were Bonnie's he'd be able to prove that she had been there and that she had possibly kidnapped. He swallowed sharply as he re-exits the room and returns to his black trans-am and partner. His mind reeled with endless unnerving possibilities and it made his stomach churn.