Seven

"Elaria!" Someone cheered and I look up to see Westlee joining in my direction

"Elaria!" Someone cheered and I look up to see Westlee joining in my direction. "Westlee," I smiled and noticed Cody eyeing us weirdly. Westlee also noticed and he stared back at him until Cody's eyes widened and he quickly looked away.

"I don't like him," he whispered more to himself before recovering and cheekily smiling at me. It's crazy how cute he looks right now but I won't tell him that. "How was your weekend?" He asked. I stared at him and wondered what he was doing here, talking to me. Shaking my head at him, I turned around and walked to the library where I was supposed to be placed back all the books that the royal family left scattered on the huge table.

"Why are we in here?" Westlee whispered beside me and I wasn't shocked to know that he followed me all the way in here. We both were gawking at how beautiful inside here really was during the day. The walls of the library were shelves filled with different colors and sizes of books. There was a huge table in the middle and between the table and walls of the enormous were shelves standing and surprise, surprise, they are consumed with books. But what I loved most about this room was that the roof of the room was glass allowing sunlight to shine through. The clouds were so pretty today.

"What are you doing here, Westlee?" I asked him as I began organizing the books on the table. "I'm bored and I want to spend time with my favorite maid," he winked flirtatiously. The mad thing was that I actually found seriousness behind his goofy voice. "My life is boring," I admitted and resumed my work.
"We can make it fun," he insisted and I looked up at him again. Now he was sitting at the head of the table with a book in his hand. "Good to know you can read," I say instead. Westlee snapped his eyes at me. Shockingly, his eyes were darkened with golden specks of them.

Honestly, they were beautiful but his wolf was tempting to breakthrough. Why? His eyes lightened and the golden specks faded away when our eyes locked. Westlee's shoulders relaxed and it was like it never even happened.
"What's wrong?" I whispered and my eyes met the book he was reading.

History of the king.

That makes no sense? Why would that get him upset? "Nothing, do you want help?" He shook his head to get rid of his thought. "I'm fine," I smiled tightly and resumed my work. "So what do you do for fun?" He asked and I glanced at him to see his feet up on the table as he leaned back into the chair, his eyes stained on me. "I cook," I answered with a shrug.

"I'm a pretty boring person, Westlee. Why are you wasting your time behind me?" I asked with seriousness as I moved back and forth with stacks of books in my hand. I hear the chair scrape against the floor as Westlee stood and made his way to me. He grabbed the stack of books that I was about to take and nods his head to the shelves. I got the message and while he held the heavy stacks of books I took one at a time off his arms and stacked them into the shelves.

"What now?" Westlee asked, smiling in content as we were finished and the library was spotlessly clean. I was about to mention that he shouldn't be bothering me but I knew he would probably ignore me again so I just walked out of the library and into the kitchen.

Thank the goddess it was empty.

"Nothing is wrong with the kitchen, Elaria," Westlee pointed out. Ignoring him, I took out the milk, chocolate powder, and frozen bananas from the freezer. "Milkshakes!" Westlee's eyes widened in excitement as he bolted to grab two glasses and plug on the cord of the blender into the socket, bringing the machine to life. I laugh at his childish behavior and he hissed at me defensively.

Westlee watches as I threw everything into the blender including ice cream before blending it all into one thick mixture. I knocked the final remaining bits into our glasses before getting the whipped cream for the final touches. "This is delicious," Westlee moaned after taking his first couple of sips. Once again I laughed at his childish acts but he made me smile nevertheless.

"So how's Dixie?" He asked and I was shocked to hear him ask about her but I didn't let it show. "Just entered senior year and is already thinking about college," I sighed and a wave of sadness hit me when I thought about her leaving me again. "That is perfectly normal, everyone wonders about their future," Westlee shrugged, not thinking much of it. My thoughts ran back to the ice cream shop. It wouldn't hurt for us to order from my mother's family company in the Netherlands and sell at the store. In fact, it would be fun redecorating the place because I do have spare money from working all the time. I even still had all of my parents' money that was barely touched since they died.

No. It's too much work.

I forced myself back into reality," what about you? Any siblings?" I asked him and he nods. "A sister but she lives in Barbados," he responded. That's a beautiful country that I could only admire over pictures. "That's a beautiful country," I admitted with a sigh. My eyes captured Westlee's and neither of us looked away. It was like I couldn't, my body wouldn't allow me to. His eyes were so brown it was crazy how beautiful his eyes can become. "Not as beautiful as you," he whispered, not releasing our eyes. That simple compliment unlocked a burst of emotion inside of me. I did not know what to say. Suddenly, the door burst open unexpectedly.