Twenty Three

"What?" My head snapped in his direction

Did he say it, didn't he?

Did I hear wrong?

No, he said it.

My heart was hammering in my chest. Literally. I couldn't believe what he told me about his family. The terrible reality he had to face growing up. Sure, King Stephen was scary but I had no idea he was capable of abusing, raping, and torturing his wife, his mate, the mother of his child, the bloody queen.

While Grayson was talking, he didn't look at me. He looked at the trees, his feet, his fingers, the sky. Until he said that last line.

"I never meant to hurt her but I never meant to love her either."

"I said that I never meant to hurt you," Westlee answered. I shook my head, wanting nothing more than for him to say it again. "Elaria, I'm so sorry that I hid it from you. I was ashamed of what you would think or what you would do. I didn't want to see you look at me like that," he changed the subject.

"Like what?" I asked, confused. He sighed, running his fingers down his hair.
"How you looked at me when I came over to the apartment. Like you were disgusted by me, like you hated the sight of me," he frowned. I bite my lip, wanting to assure him that I don't hate him and I love the sight of him. I wanted to tell him that I didn't mean for it to look that way.

"I love you, El. And it hurts to say that because I know you don't feel the same. I don't expect you to say it back. But I'm proud to say that I love you because I never knew it was possible for me to feel this way. It confused the hell out of me," he mumbled the last part to himself.

Without thinking, I grabbed him by the back of his neck and smashed my lips on his. Grayson froze, clearly not expecting me to do that. I gave into my urges and kept kissing him. I begged him silently to kiss me back. Fireworks erupted in my stomach when he relaxed and finally kissed me back.

Grayson kissed me slowly, lavishing the way his smooth lips massaged my own. Euphoria that radiates me shot waves of electricity as he pulled me closer and closer until he was sloth between my thighs with our chests pressed together.

Grayson's grip on my face is hard like he doesn't want to get let me go as our mouths move in sync. My hands snake their way up to his bare chest and around his neck as they slipped into his curls. As we kissed each other deeply, everything around us seems to just fall away merging into a blur. It wasn't long until I felt the hardness of his middle pressing on mine. My body worked on its own and I rocked my hips on his.

His hands slid down my body and I let out a moan. They don't stop roaming my body. His hands were under my hoodie like a hot trail of fire as they roamed my stomach, massaging the skin. I moaned into him as his tongue slithered past my parted lips. If I wasn't hot before with all the nerves, electricity, and tingles scoring through my body, I was sure I would burst into a pit of flames any second now.

It was all tongues and messy breathing, I've never felt something so intense but be an utter pleasure at the same time. His fingers buried into the back of my thighs as he pushed himself off the wooden flooring. I wrap my legs around his waist and held onto him for my dear life as our lips continued to work together.

I pull our lips apart, my chest rising and falling as he kissed down my neck. "Bed," I pant out causing him to stop both walking and kissing down my neck to look at me. "You don't mean that," he tried to convince himself. I pecked his lips, my fingers tugging at the hair on the nape of his neck.

"Yes I do, I want you," I say against his lips. Grayson growled before smashing his lips against mine, fueling the fire of my body with so much lust, pleasure, hunger, and devotion.

Suddenly, we both fall onto the comfort of the soft mattress and I moan in the kiss as his hands brushed my sensitive nipples. "You're not wearing a bra, what the hell are you trying to do to me?" Grayson winced, removing his touch from me completely.

"Is it working though?" I asked, biting my lip. He opened his eyes, staring at me with so many emotions running through his eyes. "Yes," he answered and I smiled before inching up to press my lips to his. "Can I take it off, please?" He begged against my lips. I smiled in the kiss, sliding my fingers up his bare chest as he hovered over me.

"Of course."

Grayson growled again before pulling off my hoodie and throwing it God alone knows were before devouring my chest with his lips as his hands kneed my breasts. I moaned, tugging at his brown hair. His tongue swirls around my hard nipple before his mouth comes down and my stomach felt like complete mush.

My foot ran up and down his sides as he continued to kiss and suck on my tender skin, no doubt leaving temporary marks. Needing to feel his lips on mine again, I grabbed his head and forced his lips on mine but neither of us complained.

My hands roamed his chest, sliding up his shoulders, raking down his back, and tugging at his hair since they had a mind of their own. I never felt something so euphoric as being with Grayson. From day one, he pushed me out of my comfort zone and held my hand the entire way. We both had fallen and for once in my life, I was feeling happy. Like nothing could touch me beside Grayson.

"Grayson," I moaned as he kissed his way down my neck, his hands careful with everywhere he touched. "Oh fuck, that's hot," he pants, rising slightly to crash his lips down on mine again.

I growled, missing the soft skin of his lips on mine as we kissed like there was no tomorrow. This didn't feel like no ordinary kiss though, nothing was ordinary with Grayson.

I pull away, only for him to pout at me. Neither of us moves as he loomed above me, one hand holding his weight up. Sliding my hand up to his torso, I cupped his cheek and he leaned into my touch.

"I love you too, Grayson."