Chapter 14 •The Plan•

Salam, guys! Before you read this chapter, please read the important message I published before this, thank you!

And the picture I have attached to this chapter is what I imagine Jean to look like, but you can continue to imagine her as you have been :)

°~•~°~•~°

"Are you sure this is going to work?" I whispered.

"100% sure" Gwen replied.

"Really?" I said, playing with my fingers nervously.

"Well, more like 50% sure...," Gwen said, changing her mind.

"GWEN!" I whispered, harshly, "I swear if this doesn't-"

"What?" she said, putting her hands up in defense, "We all agreed that this will only work if she didn't make multiple copies of the picture outside of her phone and laptop, ok? And we are all just going to pretend like she isn't smart enough to do that..."

"Oh no...what if she did print out copies or something?" I said, breathing heavily. This plan was going to flop, I was sure of it. I was feeling on edge and I quickly made dua to Allah that it would all work out.

"Don't worry about that, when Gwen gets in, she can just look around her room for any copies, just in case she did," Clarisse added, calmly, adjusting her tied-up hair.

"But, remember, it's very unlikely that she did. I doubt she would go to those extremes," Gwen said, trying to assure me.

"Ok, let's just hop-" I started to say, but my brother cut me off.

"Can you guys shut up and pay attention?! We can't hear anything over your constant jibberish," Iffat whispered, harshly, from the driver's seat. I huffed at his comment but listened.

Currently, we were in Iffat's car, which was parked near Jean's house, a bit distanced from the gate that led to her driveway. We had made sure to park in a non-suspicious area, that was a little out of everyone's view.

Eli had pressured me to tell Iffat everything or else he would have told him himself. I gave in and told my brother all of it under the condition that he wouldn't tell our parents. When I had told Iffat that telling our parents would only stress them out and make everything worse and that we had already come up with a solution, he agreed that he wouldn't, as long as everything worked out.

And of course, he had to be part of the plan, so we appointed him as the driver of the getaway car.

Eli was sitting in the passenger seat and was listening to Parker and Owen's signals through his phone, which was on speaker. They were on a group call so that they could be aware of everyone's whereabouts and while Eli was using his phone, Parker and Owen were wearing a small earpiece so Jean wouldn't get skeptical of Parker and so that Owen could move around easier without having to talk into a phone.

Owen, on the other hand, was in charge of a very risky task. We thought it'd be best if he was the one to get a hold of Jean's phone and laptop since he was agile. When he would get both of them out of Jean's view, Gwen would quickly go to the designated meetup spot and delete all copies of the picture since she was well-versed in hacking technology (which, I'll admit, we were all pretty surprised by when she told us). While she did that, Owen would keep a lookout. We didn't want both Owen and Gwen to go at once because it might've been too risky, so we let Owen do the sneaking and Gwen, the hacking.