ii. complete nonsense

c h a p t e r    t w o

c h a p t e r t w o

c o m p l e t e n o n s e n s e !

Janey remembers the first time she ever saw Hogwarts, she remembers the immediate feeling of happiness and warmth and magic. One of her favorite things about her school was that it never failed to make her feel welcome, she felt proud to be a student at such a place that excepted people of any blood purity, skin color, or sexuality. She knew some people in the school that didn't feel the same way, but that was their issue, not hers. Janey liked to refer to those people, (mostly Slytherins), as uptight and judgmental dickheads.

The rest of the ride on the Hogwarts express was rather uneventful besides the playful bickering between the Nielsen siblings and Frankie, and Janey's little white cat Lola decided she didn't want to sit on her owner's lap and kept leaping towards Frankie, at one point when Jack tried to make a grab for the animal, she began hissing and even tried to make a run for it out of their compartment, she bit him when his arms wrapped around her. "God, why your cat literally mental?" Jack laughed from across his sister and she put the cat back in her cage,

"I don't know what her problem is today, she's usually so sweet," Janey shrugged and took her trunk from the overhead and made her way to open the compartment door, "let's go, we can't miss the carriages."

The three of them walked out into the aisle of the train right behind the golden trio, Janey observed the lot of them, Hermione's hair seemed to have grown a bit longer, she hadn't noticed that when she bumped into her earlier, Harry Potter didn't look much different besides a well-needed hair cut, last year during the Triwizard tournament Janey thought he looked rather unkempt with all the hair on his head. Ron Weasley, on the other hand, grew a good few inches and now would probably tower over Janey, but at this, the small blonde smiled to herself,

She's always liked taller boys.

The early September night was chilly and dark, the only light being provided for the students were the few street lamps and usually, the lantern Hagrid held in his hands towards the front of the train, but the groundskeeper was nowhere to be seen.

Janey felt a small shove to her side and turned to see Frankie nodding his head behind them when she looked she saw Draco Malfoy approaching followed by his two goons Crabbe and Goyle, he was dressed in a sharp suit as always, the only clothes Janey had ever seen him in was a suit or his robes, not that it mattered. And, not to be weird or anything, but Draco Malfoy was a person that Janey found herself thinking about a lot, she felt bad for the boy. She's heard about his parents and how much of an insufferable person his father was, and how at times he was neglected. Unlike Lucius Malfoy, her father was a good and kind man, but she couldn't help but slightly relate to him over the fact that they were both at times overlooked by their guardians. If he wasn't such a prick himself, Janey would honestly most likely have a small crush on the Slytherin boy, he was handsome and smart, good at sports, and of a decent height, but looks don't matter much to her, that's why she never really liked him, he was too much of an asshole to people.