iii. cedric diggory

c h a p t e r    t h r e e 

c e d r i c    d i g g o r y 

"Now remember, even if your teacher is complete rubbish just smile and nod at what they say, things will get worse if you make it seem like you don't care, trust me, I know," 

Janey smiled and looked up at the older boy, he brought his hand down to ruffle her neatly combed hair, "don't be nervous either, you have nothing to worry about, making friends is easy," 

"Easy for you Cedric, you're a Hufflepuff, so are you, Jack,"  

The older Nielsen sibling shrugged and wrapped an arm around his sister, "maybe, but your just as nice as one of us, maybe even nicer, I was hoping you'd get in Hufflepuff if I'm being honest, but you'll do fine J," 

"Jack's right, and if you anyone decides to give you a hard time, just tell us, we'll shut them up for sure,"  Cedric Diggory reassured the young first-year Gryffindor girl as they arrived in front of her classroom. It was the first day of Janey Nielsen's first year and the girl couldn't be more nervous. 

"Oh my god, we're here, what do I do know?" Janey asked panicked, 

Jack rolled his eyes, "You go in and sit down somewhere, stupid," he pushed her forward, urging her to step into the class, "Come on now, stop stalling or you're going to make Ced and me late-"

Janey ran forward and hugged her older brother tightly before letting go and switching to Cedric and hugging him just as hard. To her, they were both her older brothers, both the people she looked up to and the two people she cared for most. 

"Thank you," she said before turning around and opening the door to her first-ever Hogwart's class. 

Cedric laughed, "She's going to do great," 

Jack nodded and looked to his friend, "I know." 

Janey walked out of the Gryffindor common room wiping tears from her eyes that morning, she was so busy worrying about Jack that summer and how changed he was after Cedric's death, she never really had any time to grieve about the boy herself. She now realized how much she missed him.