iv. not real

c h a p t e r    f o u r

n o t    r e a l

Janey ended up walking around the castle aimlessly after she stormed out of the DADA classroom, she didn't expect herself to blow up like that, but then she realized that she hasn't cried about Cedric since his funeral, she had been carrying so many emotions on her shoulders she hadn't realized how heavy they were until Umbridge ran her mouth about his death. She also realized that she had technically just threatened her professor.

Her threat barely ran through her head before it came spilling out of her mouth, but Janey didn't care, the woman deserved it, besides, she was too busy trying to stay hidden from Filch as she wiped the hot tears from her eyes and slowly made her way around Hogwarts.

She waited patiently for the school day to end before she redirected herself towards Gryffindor tower. When Janey arrived at the portrait she saw Frankie sitting beside it on the ground plugging his ears to drown out the fat lady's singing.

"There you are!" he exclaimed when his eyes caught hers, Frankie stood up quickly from the ground, "I was starting to get worried right, you are lucky Umbridge didn't give you detention as well, she went and shouted at Potter right after you left," her friend spoke fast and with a playful tone as he took her arm in his and turned themselves back towards the portrait entrance, "mimbulus mimbletonia," Frankie said, but the fat lady ignored him and continued to sing, so he tried again but louder, "mimbulus mimbletonia!" Still no response. "Oh for merlin's sake I'm ready to switch houses so I don't have to deal with this, MIMBULUS MIBLETONIA!" The fat lady stopped her belting abruptly and gave the two students an annoyed look before rolling her eyes and letting them into the common room.

"Nielsen! There you are, just the short person we were looking for!" Suddenly, Janey's arm was detached from Frankies and she was being dragged over to couches that stood in the corner by Fred and George. "You wouldn't happen to know any young ones who would be interested in trying some of our products would you?" George asked

Janey gave him a look, "No, I don't, it's only the first day," she looked around at the boxes they had filled with their so-called "products" and gave out a laugh, "fever fudges? How did you manage to come up with that,"

"Easy, we're geniuses, these brains up here," Fred pointed to his head and then George's, "pure gold,"

"I don't doubt it," Janey's head turned to see a third-year boy puking into a cauldron, "Oh my god!" the cauldron was almost filled with vomit to the brim so Janey ran to grab the one from the other boy sitting next to him and quickly replacing the full one, she hopes the boy would've said thank you if he wasn't busy spitting up his whole lunch.