Chapter Three

"I need to leave." muttered Rebecca, slinging her legs across Jake.

"What's the point in trying to become friends if you won't stick around for it?" he asked her, slightly worried at how pissed off she was. "Are you okay?"

"No, Edward is starting to piss me off-"

"Taking Nessie away from you?"

"Yes! I was just teaching her about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse! There's no harm in that!" Rebecca said, defending herself from Jake's judgmental look.

"Okay, but give the girl a break, she's only like two months old," he pushed Becca's legs off of him and and pulled her outside. "Let's practice your abilities while Nessie takes a nap, I'm bored."

"Your death sentence," she thought to herself as she first used the Witch Twins' abilities.

"The clouds, what do they do?" asked Peter with his mate, Charlotte, by his side. They watched as Rebecca used it against Jacob.

"They immobilize you. Takes away sight, smell, hearing, the feeling of touch, really anything I want it too." she retracted the clouds and gave Jacob everything back.

"Rebecca!" yelled Edward with Bella following, as well as Kate and Eleazar. "I have an idea. Have you ever heard of a shield?"

"Yeah, they're super uncommon and with everything I've copied, I never thought of copying that power." Becca said thoughtfully.

"Bella's a shield. Can you copy her power and see if you can help her and Kate build it and make it more powerful, this way we can protect us against the Volturi?" she nodded and confirmed she'd help.

A man, vampire, that Rebecca didn't know stood over by a tree, had spoken up. "What do you mean 'copy'?"

"I can copy another vampire's abilities. It proves well in battle." proudly stated Rebecca.

"I'll have to see it to believe it," said the unknown vampire.

Kate took a step forward, her hand lighting up with electricity and Rebecca took it as a threat, so she used Alec's sensory deprivation smoke and it slowly cut away from her.

"What? I thought only-"

"I told you, Eleazar, I copied the abilities." Rebecca said, cutting Eleazar off.

"I wanna see you copy Bella's, now, please!" he exclaimed, wrapped in a amazement. The vampire she didn't know never took his eyes off of her. Rebecca touched Bella's arm and looked at Edward.

"Oh, she's a shield alright, Kate should have put her on her ass." said Rebecca.

"Bella, focus on your shield. What color is it? Can you project it from you?" said Kate, "Rebecca, same for you."

Rebecca put everything she could into projecting the shield and when she did for a few seconds, as well as Bella, she knew it wasn't good enough.

They tried again and failed once more. "Dammit!" Rebecca punched the nearest tree, causing it fall. There was a crack and the tree fell, causing everyone around Rebecca to back away.

"I think they're lacking incentive," Kate said.

"Shall I go wake up, Renesmee?"

"Are you crazy?"

"Kate, what the fuck is wrong with you!"

"Rebecca, needs a different one." Jake said, pushing himself forward. "Edward and I can both do that,"

"This one's full power." Jake and Edward looked at the pair of women with pain and fear in their eyes. Kate touched both men as soon as both woman's shields were able to engulf them. The clear shield protected them from the pain.

"It's painful, but it's bearable." Edward spoke, eyes full of adoration towards his wife, even a bit of admiration towards Rebecca.

"Painful for you maybe." Jake said, "I don't feel a thing."

"Let's go again!" Bella exclaimed prepping herself for another round.

"Emmett?" Edward said, pushing his adoptive brother forward. Emmett put his hands up in surrender.

**

It was a few hours later, Bella, Edward, and Renesmee were at their own house and the rest of the Cullen's were in theirs, plus 17 vampires, give or take. Rebecca was teaching Jacob how to play chess.

"Now, you'll want to move your rook." Rebecca said.

"Which one is that again?" asked Jake. He was so confused and wondered why anyone would play this game.

"It's the piece that looks like a person, kind of. Now you see my Queen that is right in front if it?"

"Yeah?"

"Take it. Then that's a check-mate and you win." Rebecca mumbled. A group had formed, watching the pair play.

"I don't like this game, I like Call of Duty." Jake murmured as Rebecca set the pieces up again. The pair played chess until Rebecca's patience grew too short. "Have you ever played Call of Duty before?"

"No?" said Rebecca sheepishly. She never had the time to play games like that. She was always helping others and showing them new ways and possibilities in their vampire life. Rebecca was the go-getter in her family and she just wanted to help people the way she never was.

"Oh my God, we're playing."