[season 1] -instict-

***

***

The next day I woke up with practically no energy left. I should have slept earlier, but it was too much fun teasing Hatz. I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed some food before heading back to my room to eat. I wasn't very keen on eating in the cafeteria, it felt much more comfortable to eat on my bed.

When I finished eating, I looked at the time and realized it was 8:45am, which meant that class would be starting in 15 minutes. I took my tray and threw out my trash before dragging myself to the classroom. I turned the corner to the main hallway, and then felt a body bump into mine.

Why did this always happen?

I mumbled a tired 'sorry,' without bothering to look at who it was and then started to walk forward.

"Wait, (l/n) (y/n). Don't you want to know about 'it?' " I heard from behind me.

I stopped walking and turned around to face the person who called out to me. She had bright red hair and a pretty face, though one of her eyes was covered.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"The voice inside of your head that seems to trigger your killing instinct. Don't you want to know about it?" She said.

I eyed her suspiciously, fully awake now.

"Who are you? Why should I listen to what you have to say?" I asked.

"My name is Hwaryun. Nobody else here knows a thing about that little voice in your head, not even you. You have no choice but to listen if you want to learn about yourself." She said.

As much as I didn't want to admit it, she was right. Her words ate at my curiosity.

"I still don't understand why you want to help me." I said.

"That's not the issue here, is it? For now, just listen carefully."

I nodded.

"This is the only thing I'm going to tell you. Figure everything else out by yourself. That voice is not what's causing you to kill others."

I froze in place, as I seem to do a lot in this tower.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

She started walking away.

"I told you, I'm only giving you a hint. Figure it out by yourself. If I'm feeling nice later, maybe I'll tell you another hint."