Dragon Verse Deviluke

Issei Adopts the Sainan uniform and Rito has an eventful day at school

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*ring* *ring* The Yuuki residence's home phone suddenly springs to life. Rito, the only person in the living room, comedically bangs his knee against the table, collapsing his playing card tower.

Rito: AAGGGGHGGGGGGGG!!

Recoiling in pain, his gauntlet materialises, weighing down his arm as he angrily hobbles over to the wall

*angry* ...whoever it is, it better be important

Reaching the wall, he grabs the phone with his gauntleted hand, only to mistakenly slice the cable. *ring* *rin________* The phone goes dead. Immediately.

...

Frozen in place, with his arm cradling the sad, cordless remains, he slowly, but methodically, bangs his head against the wall. Tears slowly well in his eyes.

The phone however, had other plans. And giving physics the finger, it cordlessly rings again.

*ring* *ring*

Rito: *sniffling* huh? How can it-

He puts it to his ear

...hello...?

???: Took you long enough, Earthling

Rito: *confused* Who could- Oh is this... LALAS DAD SPEAKING?!

King Deviluke: *like it was the most obvious thing in the world*  Yes yes, now shoo Earth-boy, I don't want to talk to you, so shut up and get Lala.

Rito slumps, the tears returning

Rito: Hai...

He painfully trods to the stairs and disheartenedly shouts

...Lala! your fathers on call!

beat

Lala: *muffled* what, Papa's calling me?

A loud crash is heard

...I'm coming!!!

Lala stumbles down the stairs covered in grease and bizarre alien tools

Rito hands her the phone,

Rito: For you

She puts it to her ear

Lala: Hi Papa!

Beat

Lala's eyes widen

Lala: *shock* You're coming to parents day?!

King Deviluke: Correct, Zastin informed me. I wish to see how the Earth educational institutes stack up against the facilities on Deviluke. *suddenly lovey dovey* And who couldn't resist the chance to see their little whittle daughter again. Ever since that little earth man showed up I've hardly seen you! Maybe I will have to drill a few things into him after all...

Lala: *assertively* Papa no

King Deviluke: *annoyed* Lala Don't tell me what I can and can't do, you know better. After all, he managed to see my wife's beautiful face and keep his sanity, *angry* a feat of which only I have accomplished! I will never forgive him!

The phone screeches its overtones and Lala holds it with two fingers

She slowly returns it to her ear