ten

hey. heres chapter ten. enjoy.
ily.

merry Christmas. :)

[[ \\\ /// ]]

alyssa's pov.

Well, today is the day. The day we move away from everything we've ever known. Jack. Savannah. Everyone.

But I shouldn't put a lot of stress on everyone else. I got out of bed, noticing Jack on the other side. I walked downstairs and made me a cup of tea.

I got a cup out of the cabinet, but being the clumsy person I am, I dropped the cup, glass flying everywhere. I sighed and began to pick the glass up before anyone saw, footsteps scurrying down the stairs.

"Lyss, are you okay?" Jack panicked. "What happened?"

"I just dropped the cup on accident," I said pulling myself up on the counter. "Today just isn't my day."

"It's okay, darling," he smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm not mad."

"Do you think I'll fit in in California?" I asked him, playing with his hair.

"If you can fit in anyone at high school here, you'll most likely fit in with someone in California," he told me.

"I'm so worried."

"Baby, don't be worried. Be happy. Nobody wants a Negative Nancy," he said. "Just focus on the positives, for God sake. You're going to California."

"I know," I said, dropping my hands to my lap. "I just don't really want to go."

"Alison's going too," he said, rubbing his hand on mine. "You'll be alright. Besides, if you ever need me, I'm just a call away. I may not answer the first time, but keep calling."

"Okay," I smiled. "Now, put me down."

"Nope."

"Not until you kiss me," he smiled. I rolled my eyes and pressed my lips on his. He put me down on the floor, and I got another cup out of the cabinet.

I poured the tea in the cup and went back up to my room. I turned on the tv and started to watch Degrassi.

"You know, you didn't have to leave me down there all alone," Jack said.

"I'm sorry," I smiled. "I didn't want to miss my show." I pointed to the tv.

He rolled his eyes and crawled on the other side of the bed. "Uh, where are your parents?" he asked.

"I don't know."

"Well, looks like we have the house all to ourselves then," he smirked, raising his eyebrows up and down.

"Um, no thanks," I pushed his shoulder, hard enough to where he almost fell off the bed.

"That's not what I meant, you nasty," he laughed. "I meant, we can just cuddle and stay right here until your parents get home."

"Yeah," I smiled. "Let's do that."

He pulled me in his arms and we stayed silent for what felt like hours, but turned out to just be a matter of twenty minutes.

"I'm gonna miss this so much," he ran his fingers through my hair. "You know that, right?"

"Yeah," I mumbled. I'm gonna miss everything to be honest, but don't you start saying you're going to miss me. Cause you're the one who told me not to worry."

"I know, baby," he told me. "You really will be okay though."

"I hope so."

++