┊4. four

*·˚ ༘ ➳〔 cooper's perspective... 〕 ࿐ ࿔*:🖇
💌 | kisses...!

So far, Ringu is a horrible movie. It's creepy. It's weird. I'm scared out of my mind. But I feel worse for Bronwyn. She hates horror movies.

I look over at Bronwyn and I'm shocked. In the darkness, I've just managed to make out Nate's arm around Bronwyn. When I look closer, I see that Bronwyn's head is resting on his chest. I poke Addy. She's biting her nails; she also hates horror. I point at Bronwyn and Nate. She looks at me, eyes twinkling in the darkness.

after the movie...! ᵕ̈

"Now, was that so bad?" Nate says casually. Once we're out of the cinema, I notice Nate still has his arm around Bronwyn. Her whole face is red, but Nate looks like he doesn't even realise.

"It was terrible." Bronwyn says, poking Nate angrily. Nate laughs and nuzzles her neck. Addy gives me a sly grin.

"So... we going for dinner now or what?" I ask.

Nate nods. "Yeah, let's go. I'm starving."

Once we're all sat down at dinner, we're having a great time remincising about high school.

"Cooper, do you remember when Nate asked for an EpiPen and you gave him an actual pen?" Bronwyn snorts.

I blush."Uh, it rings a bell..."

We all laugh.

"Oh Nate, I never really thanked you for standing up for me in the cafeteria."

He raises an eyebrow. "Sorry, when?"

"Y'know... everyone was making fun of me coming out of the closet and you shouted at them?"

Nate's forehead creases as he tries to remember.

"Oh c'mon, Nate! You've gotta remember. It was the first time we kissed in..." Bronwyn trails off.

Nate awkwardly takes his arm away from Bronwyn. It's as if that sentence suddenly reminded the two of them that they're not dating.

"That's it." Addy says, sharply, "Guys. You're both head over heels for each other. How long is this charade going to go on for?"

Neither of them reply. I start shifting uncomfortably in my chair.

"Alright." Nate proclaims suddenly, throwing his arms in the air dramatically, "I don't know how long you want to go on for Bronwyn, but breaking up was a stupid idea. I know we broke up 'cause we constantly argued, but I feel like if we try again we can make it work! I miss you so much, Bronwyn."

"I miss you too, Nate." Bronwyn's voice is full of emotion, and Nate scratches the back of his neck.

"Can... can I kiss you?"

Bronwyn grins. "I thought you'd never ask."

Nate leans forward and kisses her, and I scramble to get my phone out. I snap a quick picture, putting it in the memory book I've been creating on my phone. I caption the photo...

'the lovebirds finally reunite.'

└➤ a/n: i'm getting back into oouil just because of nate and bronwyn. i live for them.

i love you all, make sure to take care of yourself <3