┊18. eighteen

*·˚ ༘ ➳〔 nate's perspective... 〕 ࿐ ࿔🖇
💌 | nate's favourite memory...!

It's been three years since Bronwyn and I got married. It's been a good three years. We had a boy, and named him Jason, but we call him Jase for short. Two years after we had Jase, we had another child, a girl this time. We called her Lori.

I got a job in construction, not wanting to work in the office. I just wasn't that kind of "suit and tie" kinda guy. In fact, I've only ever worn a suit once, which was at my wedding. I gelled my messy hair so it would stay down and I didn't even look that great. Bronwyn said that I always look great.

But before my wedding, after I got fitted for my suit with my best man, Cooper, Bronwyn decided to pick it up herself.

three years earlier...! ᵕ̈

The four of us were hanging out in our new apartment; Addy was going through our wedding planner.

"Ooh, these flowers are so pretty! This is going to be an amazing wedding." Addy squeals.

Cooper laughed, looking fondly at Addy. She noticed and blushed slightly, then turned away. Cooper turned to me, opening his mouth.

Just as he's about to say something, the door opened and Bronwyn came rushing in. She was decked from head to toe with shopping bags.

"Wow." I said simply.

Bronwyn sighed loudly, causing Addy and Cooper to notice her. "There were a lot of groceries." She dumped then bags onto the kitchen table, and kept on bag with her.

She handed it to me, smiling cheekily. "Here!"

"What's this?"

"Go into your room and try it on."

I made a face, and tried looking into the bag. Bronwyn stopped me. "Don't! Just try it on, trust me."

"Fine." I went into my room and locked the door, then took the mystery clothing out of the bag.

It was my suit. My wedding suit. I laughed, knowing the others could hear me. I changed out of my casual attire into my suit, and looked at myself in the mirror. It was a neat and simple black suit with a black tie, and it came with a flower to put in my pocket.

I straightened the jacket and walked outside. They all turned to me, and I did a little spin. "How do I look?"

Addy grinned. "Aw, Nate! You look amazing."

Cooper claps. "Lookin' great, Nate!" He chuckled at his purposeful rhyme.

Bronwyn clutched her heart, then walked over, stringing her arms around my neck. "You're so pretty."

I shrugged. "I don't know about pretty. Devistatingly handsome, maybe."

Bronwyn laughed, resting her head against my heart. "That, you are, Nate Macauley." She pulled away and looked up at me. "Anyways, just so you know, you're no longer allowed to wear anything but a suit."

I grinned. "Your wish is my command."

└➤ a/n: i rewrote this whole chapter cos i fucking hated the old one LMAO

i love you all, make sure to take care of yourself <3