┊11. eleven

*·˚ ༘ ➳〔 bronwyn's perspective... 〕 ࿐ ࿔*:🖇
💌 | blackmail's a bitch...!

"E-evan!? What are you doing here?!"

He grins. "Hey love."

Immediately, Nate's arm is around my waist, his eyes narrowed. "What did you call her?"

Evan laughs and holds up his arms in defense. "I called her love. What'cha gonna do about that, bad boy?"

Nate's fuming as he holds up his fist. "I'll show yo-"

"Stop, Nate! Evan, what're you doing here?" I repeat.

"I needa talk to you. Alone." He says casually, emphasizing "alone".

Nate's nostrils flare. "Fat chance of that happening, Evan."

I glance at Nate. "Okay, Evan. Let's go talk."

Nate looks at me with a bemused expression on his face. "Seriously, Bronwyn?"

I shrug. "What? It can't do any harm, just talking."

Evan nods vigourously. "Yeah, Nate."

He takes my hand and starts leading me to my bedroom. I flinch as he takes my hand, but I decide not to fight it. I turn just in time to see Cooper give a sympathetic look at an angry Nate.

Evan sits on my bed while I stand with my arms crossed. "Well, Evan?"

"Ah, Bronwyn. We've been such good friends for such a long time..."

"No we haven't." I mutter.

Evan ignores the interruption and continues. "And I've always felt this kinda... connection." Evan's standing up now, and he's inching closer to me.

He reaches out and tries to stroke my arm but I flinch away. At first, hurt flashes in his gaze but then he pretends like that didn't happen.

"Bronwyn, I'm trying to tell you I love you. So why not ditch that... that drug-dealing idiot and come with me? Y'know, I'm smart, I'm handsome. I'm much more your type than that idiot." That's what struck. The way Evan talked about Nate.

"Don't you dare talk about him like that! Nate did what he had to do to survive back in high school. He had shit parents! Evan, you're nothing but an egotistical bas-" He kisses me. I pull away but his strong hands are on my back and they keep me pressed against him. When did he get so strong anyways? He pulls away but doesn't move his hands.

"Listen here, Bronwyn. I didn't want to do this, but I've no choice. Be my girlfriend or I'll tell the police Nate's dealing drugs. As well as doing them. He'll go to prison for a long time."

I snort. "How the hell are you gonna convince the police-"

"I'm going to plant drugs on him of course." I freeze. It's a pretty good plan. Nate's been warned several times already that if he was caught dealing again or if he was found near any drugs, he'd serve many years.

"Why Evan? Why can't you be a normal person for once?"

Anger flares in his dark eyes. "Excuse me? Why can't I be normal for once? You're the one that started dating Nate Macauley in high school. Remember his reputation?"

I wince. I got a lot of hate in high school once people found out I was dating Nate Macauley.

Shrugging, I reply. "Yeah, of course I remember. But the Nate I know is a different Nate. He cares for me, he-"

"Blah blah blah. Listen here, Bronwyn. Either you ditch the bonehead, or he goes to prison."

I meet his eyes and sigh in defeat. "Fine. You win."

Evan eyes light up like he just won the lottery. In his own, twisted way, he did. "Ah, well this feels great! You're my girlfriend now~" He kisses me, and I don't resist but I don't kiss him back either.

He pulls away, forehead creased. "Eh, you'll love me sooner or later. Now, let's go tell your ex-boyfriend this amazing news."

My face burns and my head starts to feel lightheaded. Evan opens the door, and all of them turn our way.

└➤ a/n: shameless plug because i ✨can✨ if any of you like mcyt, be sure to check out the other books on my profile!

i love you all, make sure to take care of yourself <3