Chapter 9

Arjun's p.o.v.

What? I brainwashed him against her. He is not a child, an adult with complete matured mindset. He has his own choice. If he doesn't love her what's my fault in this. Just because I advised him she accused me of breaking the engagement. I never asked him to break the engagement.

And what she said I am a spoilt brat. What she knows about me!

Yeah I may belong to a rich family but I never behaved like a spoilt brat. Since my childhood I always used to be a good students, sincere, intelligent, well-behaved. I have done my higher studies in London with scholarship. Infact recently I have started working on my startup and soon going to open a new company. Yeah I might have got some more facilities as a son of Mr. Dinesh Raj Singhania but I never misused them or have taken unnecessary advantage of them.Why people always think that being a son of rich family means he have to be a spoilt brat. Typical thinking of this society.

I clenched my fist in frustration.

"Arjun"

"Hey Dad"

He sat beside me.

"How are Rahul's parents? Are they fine? And what about Rahul?" He asked me with concern.

"Both of their families were totally shocked. They had no idea about this. All of them were so much angry and disappointed with him and uncle slapped him also infront of everyone."

"It's normal for them to get angry even I'm also disappointed. How can he just break an engagement like this! By the way what about the girl and her family?"

"Hmm they were too. The girl left without talking to his family and Uncle and Aunty were again and again asking her Dadi for forgiveness. But they were just too upset to say anything. Then they also left."

"Maybe they felt insulted, afterall Rahul has rejected their daughter like this just before the engagement."

"I am just feeling bad for her family."

"Why the family only? Aren't you feeling bad for the girl? I think she is the one to suffer most."

Do I? I don't know. I don't care about her. I said in my mind.

"Ok, let's go to sleep now. It's a really a hectic day for both of us."

"Hm. Good night Dad."

"Good night, my boy."

He left. And I drowned in my soft king sized bed with all my thoughts.

***

Ananya's p.o.v.

I struggled to look at the table clock with my heavy eyes. It's 5:20 in the morning. I was still in my heavy lehenga and jewelleries. I entered the washroom.

I looked at the person standing infront of me in the mirror. She was nothing but a total mess. Her face is now a mixture of make up, Kajol. Her eyes are swollen, red. Tears have marked it's way in both the cheeks. Her beautiful lehenga is now looking pale. Even those jewelleries have also loosen it's shine. The only thing that l can see is a broken soul.

No, I can't. I have to be strong. I have to be. I haven't done anything wrong. I don't deserve this pain. No I will move on. I won't let my weaknesses take over my strength.

I came out of the bathroom after 1 hour getting freshen up. It's a new day, a new start.

"Anu." Dadi knocked at my door.

As I opened the door Dadi hugged me.

"Anu, meri bacchi(my kid) I was so worried. Are you fine?"

"Dadi Relax, I'm absolutely fine. What about you, ha? Why your face is looking like this? Why are you crying still now?"

I wiped off her tears.

"Anu. Let's go back to Kolkata. This place is not for us. This can only give us pain every time."

"No Dadi."

"But why? What do you want to do?"

"We are not going anywhere. Why shall we go back? Just because Rahul has rejected me! No Dadi Rahul was not the reason for me to come here then he also shouldn't be the reason for me to leave. Life will go on as before as Rahul came. So no more talking on this, ok?"

I can see a pleasant smile on her face. She took my palms in her.

"You know what today I am seeing your mother, Mrinalini Roy in you. You are the perfect daughter of my Minu. I am so proud of you. Yes, you are right. We won't leave. You know I just want your happiness. And if your happiness is in staying here we won't leave. But remember whenever you feel bad just tell me, ok?"

"Ofcourse. Don't worry. Now you go, fresh up. I have to get ready. I am gonna join my office today and I have to search for all the interviews happening in big companies in Mumbai also."

"Oh you are joining today? Ok hurry up. I am preparing the breakfast. Once you get ready come to the dinning room."

She left in hurry.

I also started getting ready.

After 1 Month

"Ma, I am going to start a new journey today. Please bless me that I do my job with all dedication and perfection, bless me that I make you feel proud."

"She is already proud of you."
Dadi came.

"It would have been different if Ma stayed with us today, na Dadi?

"Who told you that she is not with you? She is always there." She said pointing towards my heart.

"And you too."

I smiled and took her blessings. She hugged me and kissed on my forehead.

"All the best. Now hurry up otherwise you are going to be late on your first day."

"Oh yeah, bye Dadi."

"Bye, Anu."

It has been 1 month since my engagement broke. After that I started searching for more good job opportunities and to my luck I got one and that too in a renowned company. I resigned from my old job. It was not easy for me to get the job. There were lot of competition. But interviewers liked my CV and was impressed by my interview. And then I got the call.

My stoppage has arrived. I came out of the Auto. I proceeded forward.

And there is standing infront of me one of the biggest Company of India with it's lavish beauty and charming personality 'Singhania Group of Industries and Co.'

Guys please please please let me know how it is going by your comments and votes and please share it with your friends also☺️

And also be safe.