02

✎~ ° . * ☁️
✯°. ~ ☮ 〞•. ☁️ ✦
〞* " '.° ☁️⭒〞~' °☮. ≈✯

(´・ᴗ・ ' )

📅 Wednesday, in Aoba Johsai's indoor gym

"H-hi... I'm l/n y/n from class 3-5... pleasure to make your aquaintance...!" You stammered your introduction with a bow. It was your first day at the volleyball club's training as a coach assistant manager. It was supposed to be a day whereby you were going to spend your time lounging around at home. However, a certain teacher had insisted you joined the club so you had no choice but to relunctantly accept the offer for she was not going to accpet any other choice.

"Alright, please make her feel welcomed! She and coach Sadayuki will be training you all from today on. She will also be our manager too," coach Nobuteru announced.

"Alright!" The whole team enthusiastically responded which made you flinch a bit.

The team did their excercise then proceeded to do drills. Everyone then finally called it a day and cleaned up the gym. Coach Nobuteru and Sadayuki left the gym first, leaving the boys to clean. You decided to help out since that was the least you could do. Picking up a broom, you went ahead and swept away all the dust particles on the gym floors. While sweeping, you notice a dustpan being placed infront of you. You looked up to see Iwaizumi, smiling at you.

"Let me help out," he said, holding the dustpan as he watched you sweep the floor. You felt your heart flutter and heat creep up to your cheeks.

He's talking to me!

You looked down and quietly swept, letting out a soft "thank you" to which he responded with a "no problem".

"Ah Iwa-chan! Already hitting on y/n-chan I see," Oikawa teased Iwaizumi, slinging his arm around the boy's shoulder.

"I'm not hitting on her, I'm just helping out. Also, please respect her. She never said you could use her first name," Iwaizumi said, slapping the brunette's head.

"Ow! Mean! If you keep doing that, you're going to scare y/n-chan away!" Oikawa whined.

"I-it's alright... you can use my first name," you said as you let out a giggle. Iwaizumi's cheeks lit up with a pink hue upon hearing the sound of your giggle and darted his eyes away from you while Oikawa smiled triumphantly at Iwaizumi.

"Haha! See! Y/n-chan allows me to use her first name!" Oikawa proudly said as he let out a victorious laugh. Iwaizumi looks back at the brunette, his cheeks a normal tone now and slapped the brunette on the head again.

"You're loud. Kusokawa," Iwaizumi said, an irk mark appearing on his forehead.

"Alright alright! I won't disrupt your time with y/n-chan. Have fun~" Oikawa sang the last part as he walked over to the other third years.

"Sorry, he's really a handful. Feel free to provoke and chide him whenever," Iwaizumi says with a chuckle as he faces you. By now, your beating heart has calmed down a bit thanks to Oikawa's riduculous antics. It really helped ease your stress a bit by watching the two interact.

"It's alright. He's nice and funny," you said with a giggle as you met Iwaizumi's eyes.

"Well that aside... where do you live? Maybe one of us could walk you home. It's late after all," Iwaizumi said, rubbing his nape. You told him your address to which he let out a big smile.

"I live near there too! Let me walk you home!" Iwaizumi offered. His question made your heart jump.

Me? Walk home with THE Iwaizumi?
Am I dreaming?

"S-sure," you agreed with a smile.

The both of you eventually finished cleaning up the gym and left together. The walk home was quiet but the two of you occasionally shared small conversations along the way which made you really happy.

The next day, during lunch

"Oh my gosh you're already making progress with him! Aaa my ship is sailing!" Izumi gushed as she listened to you talk about what went on during your first day at training.

"S-shut up! I'm pretty sure he was just being nice and welcoming," you said. "But even so... I think my feelings developed even more for him," you mumbled, smiling to yourself as you clutch your beating heart.

"Feelings for who?" A voice behind you asked. You jumped at the sudden appearance of the person. You turned around to see the man himself, Iwaizumi.

"I-iwaizumi kun?" You stammered. You felt your face heat up as you saw the male tower over you.

"Feelings for Iwaizumi-kun?" Iwaizumi jokingly asked with a giggle.

"I-I never said anything about that!" You retorted, furrowing your eyebrows as your face grew even hotter.

"I was just kidding," he said as he let out a chuckle. "Mind if I join the both of you? Trashykawa will probably come later," Iwaizumi asked as he sat down next to you.

"Oh of course, you're welcome anytime Iwaizumi-kun~" Izumi sang, wiggling her eyebrows at you. You gave her a side glare and slapped her arm to which she whined.

Iwaizumi sat beside you, amused at how extroverted you can be around your friends but really quiet inside a new room.

"Aaah Iwa-chan!" A voice shouted from a distance. It was the popular captain of the volleyball team!

"You're late, Kusokawa," Iwaizumi chided like a mother.

"Sorry! My teacher wanted to talk to me about something," Oikawa explained, rubbing his nape. "Ah, hello y/n-chan and Izumi-chan!" He greeted, giving them his usual broad and happy smile.

"Iwa-chan I know you call dips on y/n-chan but that doesn't me you can just take her friends too!" Oikawa teased.

"Boke! Shut up!" Iwaizumi shouted, giving Oikawa a hard slap to the back. You and Izumi sat there watching the two guy friends fight. The four of you spent lunch together. Surprisingly it was fun because of Izumi's constant teasings, Oikawa's lame jokes and Iwaizumi's mom like behaviour. You sat there and enjoyed their stupid antics.